buzzing range

Hello - has anyone ever heard of a brand new Maytag gemini gas range making a buzzing sound when plugged in but not in use. I am doing a final walkthrough on my house in the AM and will report this as a defect to the builder, hopefully. This can't be normal, is it? Its new, never used, installed by the builder.
Model for reference
http://www.maytag.com/mths/products/productzoom.jsp?model=MGR6772BDW&color=MGR6772BDS&cs=0&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes
Thanks for the speedy reply
Brikp wrote:

making
http://www.maytag.com/mths/products/productzoom.jsp?model=MGR6772BDW&color=MGR6772BDS&cs=0&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes
My guess is it has a mechanical clock (hands on a dial). The motor running the clock is making the noise. Bang it with your had close to the clock and see if that eliminates it or changes it.
It might also be a transformer of some kind. Not unusual for them to hum a little.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Its a digital clock. It does sound like a transformer of some sort but much louder than I would expect and very noticeable. I think the builder may already be wondering the same thing as me as he has not pushed the range into place yet. Thanks Joseph for taking the time to reply.

the
http://www.maytag.com/mths/products/productzoom.jsp?model=MGR6772BDW&color=MGR6772BDS&cs=0&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes
Brikp wrote:

much
I would guess it is a transformer, maybe for the digital clock. They tend to start making a lot of noise when they are about to go bad. I would report this as a defect. You really want to report anything you are not sure of as a defect. Then sort it all out later. Get it down on the list.

final
the
http://www.maytag.com/mths/products/productzoom.jsp?model=MGR6772BDW&color=MGR6772BDS&cs=0&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes
the
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

http://www.maytag.com/mths/products/productzoom.jsp?model=MGR6772BDW&color=MGR6772BDS&cs=0&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes
Hi,
There isn't much in a range that can buzzzzz besides a transformer of some sort. Some flouresant lights use one and the electronics clocks will have one. If one of the layers inside the transformer is loose it can buzz or vibrate. They ( appliance warranty depot ) will probably just replace the offending part/piece. Make sure the problem is noted for sure!
The problem was noted before we arrived for walkthrough. The rep from the builder said it was the first thing he noticed when he entered the house. He is having his electrician look at it first though. After that we will need to deal with Maytag directly I presume. :(

making
the
http://www.maytag.com/mths/products/productzoom.jsp?model=MGR6772BDW&color=MGR6772BDS&cs=0&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes