buzzing range

Hello - has anyone ever heard of a brand new Maytag gemini gas range making a buzzing sound when plugged in but not in use. I am doing a final walkthrough on my house in the AM and will report this as a defect to the builder, hopefully. This can't be normal, is it? Its new, never used, installed by the builder.

Model for reference

Thanks for the speedy reply

Reply to
Brikp

My guess is it has a mechanical clock (hands on a dial). The motor running the clock is making the noise. Bang it with your had close to the clock and see if that eliminates it or changes it.

It might also be a transformer of some kind. Not unusual for them to hum a little.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Brikp

I would guess it is a transformer, maybe for the digital clock. They tend to start making a lot of noise when they are about to go bad. I would report this as a defect. You really want to report anything you are not sure of as a defect. Then sort it all out later. Get it down on the list.

Joseph Meehan

Hi,

There isn't much in a range that can buzzzzz besides a transformer of some sort. Some flouresant lights use one and the electronics clocks will have one. If one of the layers inside the transformer is loose it can buzz or vibrate. They ( appliance warranty depot ) will probably just replace the offending part/piece. Make sure the problem is noted for sure!

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

The problem was noted before we arrived for walkthrough. The rep from the builder said it was the first thing he noticed when he entered the house. He is having his electrician look at it first though. After that we will need to deal with Maytag directly I presume. :(

Brikp