Buzzing From Furnace Unit - HVAC

Page 2 of 2

And *ANY* CO detector that you purchase at a 'Big Box' store is complete TRASH!!!
In order to meat the UL standards they can NOT alarm before 70 ppm at 60-90 mins.
The maximum ppm for 24 hrs is 9, and the maximum for 8 hrs is 35. Leaving you with a false sense of security when you purchase a CO detector from a regular store!!
I have seen MANY detectors not sounding an alarm when my pump type CO detector is reading harmful levels of CO in the structure. (I have a model that will alarm at 10 ppm)
Cost, expensive at first...but what is the safety of your family worth???
You pay more than this for your contents insurance!
~kjpro~

Wow, I've always known that the tolerances are way to low for them, but to be honest I didn't know there were more sensitive units for residential usage. Do you have a recommendation KJ for us?
I use to run into a LOT of CO problems in homes but haven't lately in the last year, not one single incident.
I agree with you, I don't even understand how the EPA can allow such high levels of CO in a factory environment to be permitted knowing that CO accumulates in the body over time. Factory workers being exposed to this poison have to be affected in some way.
Rich

Info is being sent to you by e-mail.
Only HVAC companies can purchase them anyway.
~kjpro~
Hi Jonathan, hope you are having a nice day
On 23-Jan-05 At About 01:20:20, Jonathan Western wrote to All Subject: Buzzing From Furnace Unit - HVAC

http://headpics.freewebspace.com/wide.JPG

http://headpics.freewebspace.com/angle_closeup.JPG

http://headpics.freewebspace.com/side_closeup.jpg
JW> I can't see in there well enough to read the markings. Is the black JW> plastic piece a capacitor? There is a small copper cylinder to the JW> left of it that moves when power is applied. When I turn the power JW> on I can easily feel the vibration through the unit as this small JW> copper piece clicks forward. I'm trying to describe this the best JW> I can.
JW> This is a Trane gas furnace, 23 years old. The model number is JW> BLU045E924B1. Thanks for any advice.
The device you are pointing to is a fan relay. Just looking at the condition of those burners it is obvious you seriously need a cleaning. you need to call a local company to clean this for you and replace that non code gas line. burners
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. "Childhood is so disillusioning." -- Calvin