Buying a light cordless drill

I have a 18 volt cordless drill. It works well but it is a little too heavy. It weighs about 4.25 pounds.
I want to buy a lighter cordless drill for occasional light jobs. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,

Panasonic. One of the best weight to power ratios available. It is also smaller and has better balance than most, IMO.
On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 15:42:37 -0700, Daniel Prince

I have two 9v Makitas I can't break. One is 11 years old with one half way decent battery and the other is 5 years old with two fairly good batteries. (all the same style) The batteries cost as much as another drill but the motor lasts forever.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in wrote:

Ah,but brushes wear out.

I have the Makita 6095DW with the 9.6V sticks and the batteries only cost about $30 apiece.(Home Depot or Harbor Freight) An equivalent replacement drill will cost around $100 or more.
and IIRC,you can always get the packs rebuilt at a BatteryPlus store.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I find the 18v models too heavy to carry around all day. I have been happy with my Dewalt 14.4v for years, but my new Hitachi 12v impact driver is much lighter and has huge amounts of torque.
JK

Been very pleased with the 9.6V model Makita don;'t recall the model it uses the pod style battery. I an usually working at shoulder level or above driving screws so a reduced weight is a must.