Buying a light cordless drill

I have a 18 volt cordless drill. It works well but it is a little too heavy. It weighs about 4.25 pounds.

I want to buy a lighter cordless drill for occasional light jobs. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Reply to
Daniel Prince

Panasonic. One of the best weight to power ratios available. It is also smaller and has better balance than most, IMO.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I have two 9v Makitas I can't break. One is 11 years old with one half way decent battery and the other is 5 years old with two fairly good batteries. (all the same style) The batteries cost as much as another drill but the motor lasts forever.

Reply to
gfretwell

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ah,but brushes wear out.

I have the Makita 6095DW with the 9.6V sticks and the batteries only cost about $30 apiece.(Home Depot or Harbor Freight) An equivalent replacement drill will cost around $100 or more.

and IIRC,you can always get the packs rebuilt at a BatteryPlus store.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I find the 18v models too heavy to carry around all day. I have been happy with my Dewalt 14.4v for years, but my new Hitachi 12v impact driver is much lighter and has huge amounts of torque.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

Been very pleased with the 9.6V model Makita don;'t recall the model it uses the pod style battery. I an usually working at shoulder level or above driving screws so a reduced weight is a must.

Reply to
Colbyt