Buying a kitchen sink faucet in Chicago?

Page 3 of 3

kenji wrote:

Shower like I do, under the hose.
trent
: Two gems: : Gerber on Milwaukee Ave., Remodelers Supply on Pulaski around Addison/belmont
Thanks. Gerber seemed rather upscale. However, Remodelers Supply (it is on 2500 N Pulaski though) is a nice(r?) alternative to Home Depot and Menards in the sense that they have good selection/price *and* it is easy to get someone to help you.

I got my latest Moen from a place that was supposedly "upscale". Their price was the same as Home Despot quoted me to special order the thing.

So, you might like the kind whose main spout is also a sprayer that can be pulled out. That will (obviously) give you more room over a pot than even the high rise pull-up type. Colored finishes (typically white or black) will not have the problem with chrome chipping off of plastic that has been mentioned in this thread. If that leaves you with an unused hole in your sink deck, buy a plug to fill it, which will cost maybe a couple of bucks.
Menards may be worth looking at. They don't have as broad a line as Home Depot but they're often cheaper. (Aaaaagh, there goes that infernal jingle in my head again - 'you save big money, you save big money, when you shop Menards' -- you'll hear that a few dozen times if you visit a Menards store for an hour.)
snipped-for-privacy@ameritech.net says...

We put a soap dispenser in ours. The pull-out sprayer is definitely worth checking out.
--

__o Kristian Zoerhoff
_\'\(,_ snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
: So, you might like the kind whose main spout is also a sprayer that can be : pulled out. That will (obviously) give you more room over a pot than even : the high rise pull-up type. Colored finishes (typically white or black) : will not have the problem with chrome chipping off of plastic that has been : mentioned in this thread. If that leaves you with an unused hole in your : sink deck, buy a plug to fill it, which will cost maybe a couple of bucks.
For many reasons (and this includes other family members as well) we have settled on a one handle + separate sprayer design. The debate now is whether to pay up to 50% extra for stainless steel or live with chrome. (Nobody I talked to can relate to the "plastic problem" at all; maybe Dave has an old model, or some special run Moen did for some retailer, or maybe a Moen knock-off, I can't guess.)
: Menards may be worth looking at. They don't have as broad a line as Home : Depot but they're often cheaper.
Both HD and Menards were supremely unattractive (they may be ok if I know just which model I want, but then I might as well buy online) although HD does have a much larger display.
At the other extreme I found many showrooms that are very attractive but also overpriced.
So far the best compromise I found is Remodelers Supply on Pulaski (thanks Kenji).

surely
I've bought stuff there and at gerber. Gerber might be expensive but generally speaking plumbing fixtures are thought of in two ways for me. There's something you buy that you install and live with for 15+ plus years and then there's something you buy that you are installing where you don't give a shit how it works or how long it's going to last.
One last place...really known for parts BUT has a great supply of new mostly stuff that needs to be ordered.... The Faucet Shop, on Elston. (It may be spelled Shoppe). When i buy from the Faucet Shop it's stuff I'm going to live with for many years.....

If you want one LAST place to look, go to North Shore Faucets. Its in Morton Grove, on Dempster St. Take the Edens to the Dempster (west) exit, go a block and park. Literally 15 minutes from downtown. Nice stuff too.
mrsgator88 wrote:

The last time I took the Edens, Ohio St. was 15 minutes from downtown.
--
"A man\'s country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and
woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."

cool....someone put that one in a separate post so we don't forget about it.