Buying a house from smokers

So those ozone generators really work on stuff like this?

Reply to
jkdrummer

I find that there are usually enough expenses involved in a move, and unless the carpet really needs replacing right away, that's a pretty big expense "just cuz".

Reply to
Andy Simms

Carpets are filthy!

Paid a hospital bill lately Andy?

A few days there will pay for a lot of new carpeting.

Reply to
Hound Dog

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:44:45 GMT, Sue scribbled this interesting note:

Thermo-Fog. It works. Kind of. As for a fire, the only way to help that is to remove as much soot as possible and seal in all the rest...the same as with what smokers leave behind.

I've done the work. Including the Thermo-Fog unit. It helps, but all by itself it may or may not remove all the odor (whatever odor you are trying to remove) and the only sure-fire solution is removal and sealing.

John Willis

Thanks John. I have to say it did an awesome job on skunk. (they did treat it twice though so I don't know how bad the residual was after the first one). I have no idea how much it cost either b/c the landlord picked up the tab.

Reply to
Sue

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 03:57:56 GMT, Sue scribbled this interesting note:

Probably would have been cheaper for the landlord to buy the fogger and solution himself. It isn't all that expensive.

John Willis

Insurance covered it for him...They probably wouldn't these days they don't seem to cover anything now.

Reply to
Sue