Buying a house from smokers

Page 2 of 2
Several years ago, 3 skunks got into a fight underneath the raised foundation of the house I was renting. I probably don't need to explain how bad the smell was. There's also nothing that lingers quite like skunk.
An aquaintance of mine who is a real estate agent who once had to clean up a house for resale after the owner expired and the body was not discovered until the neighbors notice the smell recommended a company called Servepro to deskunk my house.
They came and sealed up the house and sprayed this grey smoke stuff that smelled like baby powder into the house. After a carpet clean plus this treatment the skunk smell was entirely gone, even to my very sensitive nose. I didn't even have to take the clothing out of the closet-the stuff that got treated in the house had no smell, whereas the stuff I removed fomr the house before the treatment, and triple washed in cold water and the stuff I dry cleaned still had this faint whiff of skunk.
I suspect that if it can take care of skunk and dead body (and I know they also do this for cleanup after a fire) that its should also work for smoker. A number of professional cleaning companies offer this type of treatment.
You might want to check out the cost of this before you rip out all the carpeting and redo all the walls and ceilings of your new house, unless you were plannning to do that anyway.
Rented a unit from smokers. Febreezed absolutely everything - walls, carpets wood, etc. And borrowed a Living Air Classic on purify for 4 hours per room. sweet smelling ever after. ____________________ Claudia Totus Tuus
So those ozone generators really work on stuff like this?
scribbled this interesting note:

Thermo-Fog. It works. Kind of. As for a fire, the only way to help that is to remove as much soot as possible and seal in all the rest...the same as with what smokers leave behind.
I've done the work. Including the Thermo-Fog unit. It helps, but all by itself it may or may not remove all the odor (whatever odor you are trying to remove) and the only sure-fire solution is removal and sealing.

Thanks John. I have to say it did an awesome job on skunk. (they did treat it twice though so I don't know how bad the residual was after the first one). I have no idea how much it cost either b/c the landlord picked up the tab.
scribbled this interesting note:

Probably would have been cheaper for the landlord to buy the fogger and solution himself. It isn't all that expensive.

Insurance covered it for him...They probably wouldn't these days they don't seem to cover anything now.