Buying a Ceiling Fan

"cybercat" wrote in news:482f0c35$0$2978$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetmonster.com:

Got to WalMart. You can get one for 29 bucks that sways like a hula dancer at no extra charge.

Reply to
Red Green

"HeyBub" wrote in news:K6qdnQUCA5Kis7LVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

...and you live alone did you say? :-)

Reply to
Red Green

I saw this today! The unit we liked the best used three 40-watt bulbs. And, did you know you can't use regular bulbs in the newer ones? The Lowe's lady said it was a recent thing, she called it some sort of marketing conspiracy.

Reply to
cybercat

"cshenk" wrote >

It seems the mounting is okay, but this would not be the first time my husband has been wrong.

Reply to
cybercat

"dadiOH" wrote

I saw a lot of Hunter fans today! None quite right, but both Lowe's and HD had pretty limited selection in the kind we wanted. (Meaning no stem because the ceiling is too low, right size and color, that sort of thing.) I plan to order one online because I want golden oak or maple blades and they were rare in the box stores.

Good to know. I'll visit the site below. Thank you.

Reply to
cybercat

On 5/17/2008 6:22 PM Red Green spake thus:

Last I checked, living alone didn't necessarily mean *sleeping* alone ...

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

"RBM" wrote >

I could spend this if I really loved the fan and light. Of course I would rather not!

Very good to know. I will check them out online, I think the selection is probably better.

That's very good to know. They do make some pretty ones, but this is a 1960s split level, I don't want to do anything big until I can knock out the walls on the first floor (except the fireplace wall) and gut the kitchen. Years away.

Reply to
cybercat

wrote

Another good word for HB!

Reply to
cybercat

"Red Green" wrote>> Excellent, I would not have thought of that! Thank you. I just looked

Cocktail hour, eh?

Reply to
cybercat

David Nebenzahl wrote in news:482f8705$0$11165 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.adtechcomputers.com:

Ahh, a technocrat!

Reply to
Red Green

"cybercat" wrote in news:482f8689$0$2974 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetmonster.com:

Are you sure you're not wrong about that?

Reply to
Red Green

"cybercat" wrote in news:482f88e6$0$2975$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetmonster.com:

Good thing about it is even though they last so long you can still repair it if necessary. Few months back someone had a 15yr old Casablanca that did odd things with speeds as well as hummed. After making sure dimmer was not sending it for a loop, I looked at Casablanca's website. Based on the model number, they had a new elecronics kit for it. New board, reverse switch and pullchain switch. It was like $17 total and fit like originals. Fan back like new.

Reply to
Red Green

"Red Green" wrote

I definitely want to buy the best quality I can. I see the value in this.

Reply to
cybercat

Oh please. I am never wrong, I am the WIFE. :D

Reply to
cybercat

check this site out

evodawg

Whatever one goes best with your decor (female decider) that they're selling at Lowes or Home Depot

Reply to
Rudy

That would be the women *you* hang out with, apparently. My husband and I agreed on the decorative elements on one of them today, but I did not want it because I did not like the fact that it took three 40-watt fru-fru lightbulbs that Lowe's did not even carry.

Reply to
cybercat

Hey, what a GREAT site! Thank you!

Reply to
cybercat

Smart move. Those bulbs usually give off odd colored light and burn out fast.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Inventing a complicated, but believable, excuse to leave is exhausting ("I have to go" is an example). Getting out of bed to adjust the fan, then getting lost on the return trip, is much easier.

Reply to
HeyBub