Buy or rent a pressure washer?

As to buying or renting, I look at how many times I will use it per year vs the cost of rental and the cost of purchase. Also factor in maintenance costs.

I was building a fence and needed an air compressor and nail gun. But I took a couple of months to build the fence. In this case, it made more sense for me to purchase the nail gun and air compressor. Then I could take my time building the fence. Also I use these for other projects.

In the case of splitting firewood and getting a log splitter, it costs $60 a day for rental and around $1400 to buy a splitter. I only need it two days a year and it could easily cost $25 or $50 just to fix it when needed. So makes a whole lot of sense to rent instead of buy in this case. Also stick $1400 in the bank at 5% interest and you would get around $70 a year.

Then think storage. Might not want to buy equipment you seldom use if you don't have much storage space for the equipment.

Reply to
Bill

Hey ds549... Thanks for that wonderful song... did you write it?

Rob Mickatavage Port Chester, NY snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net

Reply to
robmick