Buy a Ryobi/Subaru Pressure Washer at Home Depot

I am in the market for a pressure washer, cold water gasoline, in the 2500 psi range. Where I live in Maine is very rural. Only one local dealer sells them, a John Deere dealer that has a 2700 psi with a Honda engine for $899. This unit is noticeably heavy duty in the appearance of fittings and hose. It has a 1 year warranty.

Our localHome Depot is having a special on a Ryobi washer with a 7hp Subaru engine, 3 year warranty, cost $500. This is a 3000 psi machine. The machines hoses and fittings look more consumer grade than professional. I checked with all our local small engine dealers and only one will repair this unit. In fact that is where Home Depot gets its warranty service done. So buying this machine is obviously a gamble. Since this is a big promo here has anyone had experience with the Depot machine or the John Deer for that matter?

We also have a Sears, I would buy things I could exchange there but service is bad. I needed a typewriter reapaired once, 6 months later and many phone calls later nothing had been done

Reply to
Michael Bushey