Butane Powered Soldering Irons

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a Butane gas powered soldering iron to help in installing some landscape low voltage lighting.

I was thinking about a Weller P2C or Weller PSI100C.

Anybody used one of these before / have any advice?

Best, Mike.

Reply to
hobbes

They work fine for your application, and are much better than those wimpy dry cell operated soldering irons, which will barely solder a twisted joint made from #40 wire.

Try and shield your work from drafts if it's cold and windy out. It's amazing how much heat a breeze can carry away.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

over the years on our amusement games route we have moved away from the portable butane models and back to the 110v ones. i would use the lawnmower/snowblower extension cord and a real 110v iron for best results. or you may borrow the fathers day gift like the neighbor got, with a car battery jumper/radio/110v outlet gadget, to help with this. or, there is a 12vdc soldering iron for your car cigar lighter socket.

-b

Reply to
buffalobill

Reply to