Butane Powered Soldering Irons

Hi,
I am thinking of getting a Butane gas powered soldering iron to help in installing some landscape low voltage lighting.
I was thinking about a Weller P2C or Weller PSI100C.
Anybody used one of these before / have any advice?
Best, Mike.
hobbes wrote:

They work fine for your application, and are much better than those wimpy dry cell operated soldering irons, which will barely solder a twisted joint made from #40 wire. <G>
Try and shield your work from drafts if it's cold and windy out. It's amazing how much heat a breeze can carry away.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

over the years on our amusement games route we have moved away from the portable butane models and back to the 110v ones. i would use the lawnmower/snowblower extension cord and a real 110v iron for best results. or you may borrow the fathers day gift like the neighbor got, with a car battery jumper/radio/110v outlet gadget, to help with this. or, there is a 12vdc soldering iron for your car cigar lighter socket. -b