Bury electrical box

No, but you can flush-mount a single or double-gang switch box and put a blank cover on it. That or install an access panel.

Better yet, question why you need a j-box in that location. If possible, rough out the right length wire(s) to/from their termination points. More work and might be a PITA, but no oddly placed j-box to worry about.

Reply to
sleepdog

Like others have said, no your not supposed to. Can you make it an outlet location versus a blank? That would be my preference if you cant run an entire new wire.

I have burried a box once but it was the only way to do the project w/o significant major headaches. Yea yea think of that guy trying to troubleshoot something down the road and what a pain it would be. Sorry if thats they guy reading this someday. I did use a box, a cover, wire nuts and electrical tape. I suppose I could have also soldered and used heat shrink tape for an even better connection but oh well. I don't live there any more. Blank or outlet were not an option (It was under a sub floor, under carpet)

Reply to
No

Hi, I'm moving some electrical around for a kitchen remodel and I wonder if it's ok to bury a steel junction box behind the sheetrock.

Reply to
Art Vandeliegh

"Toller" wrote in news:gJS4f.1961$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

I wasn't sure. That's why I asked. Thanks for the info.

Reply to
Art Vandeliegh

You know it isn't; why ask?

Reply to
Toller

If you are caught, you will go to prison for many years !

Reply to
########

You do NOT want to bury ANY electrical box, regardless of how difficult it would be to avoid. Pull a new piece of wire, or install the box so it is positioned out of sight - in a closet, in a cabinet, behind an appliance, etc. OR turn it into a outlet, etc.

Reply to
Noozer

no. don't forget to insulate all walls while you're in there for heat and noise.

Reply to
buffalobill