Burning Stuff With 2000ºF Solar Power!!

"Melt a stack of pennies, burst a glass bottle, damage various food items, and incinerate wood using the power of the Sun! This 4 foot magnifying lens will melt concrete, and nearly anything else that gets in its way."

Video:

Reply to
Oren

Quite impressive. And all from an LCD TV screen? I like the part where to see if he can ignite gasoline he takes the two gallon can and uses it to pour some on to the hot surface...... No need for safety for this guy!

Reply to
trader4

You did notice that he is using a Fresnel lens, right? Those are not included in standard LCD televisions, but are a feature of projection type televisions (some of which do use LCDs).

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Vinyl siding is crap. A local house had a garage fire, and although the garage was a distance from the house, all the siding on the house melted on the garage side of the building. Worse yet, some of that vinyl ignited. Fortunately the Fire Dept was able to make out the house siding before setting the house on fire. Aluminum siding would not have melted or ignited, and eI doubt wood siding would have ignited in this case. You could not pay me to install vinyl siding, and that does not include the fact that it's ugly.

Reply to
generic

Thanks-- I needed that. Super cool. [and there are actually 2 Rear projection TVs on my local craigslist free section!]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht