burning rubber smell in my home

I have all of a sudden had a burning rubber odor in my dining room. I had an electrician come out and he assured me that it is not electrical. I saw a few articles that suggested heater problems. The odor is actually in the wall on the opposite side of the room from the heater vent? Any ideas as to what this may be and who I should call? Any and all advice is welcomed!
On 6 Mar 2006 09:20:25 -0800, "Needs Help in Roswell"

Well, that's a classic description of skunk odor. Any chance it's that?
I've never associated skunk with burning rubber. Is there a room upstairs that might have a heating vent with a duct running through that wall where the odor is originating? Even if there is, I'd be very surprised if it was the heating duct getting that hot. I'd still be worried about electrical problems despite what the electrician said. Is the wall warm to the touch anywhere?
-> On 6 Mar 2006 09:20:25 -0800, "Needs Help in Roswell"
-> -> >I have all of a sudden had a burning rubber odor in my dining room. I -> >had an electrician come out and he assured me that it is not -> >electrical. I saw a few articles that suggested heater problems. The -> >odor is actually in the wall on the opposite side of the room from the -> >heater vent? Any ideas as to what this may be and who I should call? -> >Any and all advice is welcomed! -> -> Well, that's a classic description of skunk odor. Any chance it's -> that?
You must not live anywhere near skunks. I live in central Texas and, believe me, skunk smell is very unique. There's no mistaking it for anything!!
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~
Suzie-Q wrote:

Total long shot here but I thought I'd through it out there... I had a burning rubber odor in my house that took forever to identify. Turned out it was a bad UV light bulb that was emitting too much ozone. I have a UV light filter attached to my A/C unit. Any chance you have any UV light bulbs around? Good luck!
Two things come to mind. A loose and burning belt on a heater blower or other appliance such as washer or dryer, OR you have a teenager who has been using your car and left black rubber lines all the way down your driveway. If you have a teenager, I'd punish them first and ask questions later. Otherwise, start checking appliances that have belts. especially the furnace blower.
On 6 Mar 2006 09:20:25 -0800, "Needs Help in Roswell"

Somebody serving broiled hockey puck?