burning rubber smell in my home

I have all of a sudden had a burning rubber odor in my dining room. I had an electrician come out and he assured me that it is not electrical. I saw a few articles that suggested heater problems. The odor is actually in the wall on the opposite side of the room from the heater vent? Any ideas as to what this may be and who I should call? Any and all advice is welcomed!

Reply to
Needs Help in Roswell

Well, that's a classic description of skunk odor. Any chance it's that?

Reply to
Paul Franklin

I've never associated skunk with burning rubber. Is there a room upstairs that might have a heating vent with a duct running through that wall where the odor is originating? Even if there is, I'd be very surprised if it was the heating duct getting that hot. I'd still be worried about electrical problems despite what the electrician said. Is the wall warm to the touch anywhere?

Reply to
louie

Total long shot here but I thought I'd through it out there... I had a burning rubber odor in my house that took forever to identify. Turned out it was a bad UV light bulb that was emitting too much ozone. I have a UV light filter attached to my A/C unit. Any chance you have any UV light bulbs around? Good luck!

Reply to
chattycat

Reply to
I.dont.read.email

Somebody serving broiled hockey puck?

Reply to
AZ Nomad

-> ->

-> >I have all of a sudden had a burning rubber odor in my dining room. I

-> >had an electrician come out and he assured me that it is not

-> >electrical. I saw a few articles that suggested heater problems. The

-> >odor is actually in the wall on the opposite side of the room from the

-> >heater vent? Any ideas as to what this may be and who I should call?

-> >Any and all advice is welcomed!

->

-> Well, that's a classic description of skunk odor. Any chance it's

-> that?

You must not live anywhere near skunks. I live in central Texas and, believe me, skunk smell is very unique. There's no mistaking it for anything!!

Reply to
Suzie-Q

At Ground Zero, skunk spray does, in my opinion, smell like burning rubber .... expecially on a dog!!!! Also, when it is far away, it smells a bit like coffee. I once read that a chemist said there is some chemical basis for the coffee smell.

Anyway, I have, over the past year, been occasi> >

Reply to
Art Todesco

replying to Art Todesco, Cyndy wrote: You rock! Hours of inspecting my house n the smell was coming from dog that was following me around.... skunk got him n it smells like sour burning rubber lol

Reply to
Cyndy