Burning PTL

Page 2 of 2
On Saturday, June 29, 2013 9:34:47 PM UTC-7, Gz wrote:

So you heard an old-wives tale eh? I can put money on it that _you_ have never burned pine and not even known anyone who did.
Clue: properly seasoned pine puts out no more creosote than any properly seasoned hardwood.
2nd clue: unseasoned pine is fine for the "stove". Doesn't do it a bit of harm at all. The chimney is a different kettle of fish.
3rd clue: If you are going to post something, at least know something about it.
Harry K

The ash created is even more toxic. What do you do with that? Dunno what you use over there but arsenic and copper timber treatments have been banned over here for years. If you burn say old fencing outdoors, you will get these poisons into the soil where they remain for years until washed away.
On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 15:48:43 -0400, Don Phillipson

The old PTL contained arsenic, which is poisonous. Since they removed the arsenic, most PTL is only treated with copper now, so it's not all that harmful anymore. I dont know if they even say not to burn this newer stuff????
On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 04:26:50 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@workshop.com wrote:

Yes, they still say not to burn it. OMG, do you think breathing in fumes from the ACQ is OK for the lungs?
PT is supposed to be buried or trashed for disposal. http://www.ptw-safetyinfo.ca/acq.htm
Why risk getting some of the old stuff, and kill yourself? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .