Burning Pressure Treated Wood

I have a lot of Pressure treated scrap wood left over from a summer project. While getting ready to throw it all away I thought my sister might be able to use it for her wood burning stove. Then, I realized they probably use some nasty chemicals in treating this wood. So, I've decided to throw it out. Is my thinking on the right track or am I over-reacting?
"Charlie S." wrote:

While I've burned some very small amounts, I would recommend against burning treated for heat even in a closed stove and definitely not in an open fireplace. It's definitely not on the approved list "things to do".
Yes throw it away or burn outside and be sure nobody lives nearby downwind. There was a lady who posted for years on how CCA poisoned here verifyibly.
"Charlie S." wrote:

"Never burn treated wood. Burning releases toxic fumes into the air and has been associated with serious arsenic poisoning." -- http://www.dhfs.state.wi.us/eh/HlthHaz/fs/TrtdWood.htm

Anyone know if this is still true with the ne AC2 (arsenic-free) wood?
I'm assuming it is...
-Tim
Ahhh..Arsenic and old lace

You're right, should not be burned inside or out. Manufacturer instructions say dispose of properly and do not burn.

Assuming it's the old CCA, don't burn it. Amongst other things, burning it produces Arsine, an _extremely_ toxic gas.
Most places will accept moderate quantities in ordinary garbage.
The newer forms of PT are probably much less toxic, but you'd still not want to burn them in enclosed spaces anyway.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
Most newer PT wood is treated with copper and/or zinc salts, not as bad as arsenic but not good to breathe either. If any of the pieces are usable, try offering it on freecycle.org, save someone else some money and keep that crud out of the landfill.-Jitney