burner distance from grate on gaz range...unusual?

Just bought a new gaz range and the grates are so high, I think there's too much heat lost around the pots... even if I use a smaller burner than the pan...

Can somebody give me the typical distance from the top of the flame to the top of the grate (where the pan sits...) I think I have too much room in there. I guess the distance from the top of the burner cover would also be adequate...

Should the tip of the flame touch the pan surface like on small camping stove or shall there be room?

Regards,

PP

Reply to
pascalou

The hottest part of the flame varies with the height of the flame which varies with gas flow. Thus, the efficiency (thermal transfer) is variable and one would assume that the range has been designed for maximum efficiency at average gas flow. Which range did you buy?

Reply to
Charles Schuler

It's kitchenaid range model KGRA806PSS. Even at the highest setting, it takes forever to boil water!

Charles Schuler wrote:

Reply to
pascalou