Personally, I wouldn't burn it treated or not. It is undoubtedly softwood
and burning that = creasote in the chimney. Stick to hickory, oak...
dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
It is very possible to burn softwoods. You just have to know how and keep
the fire hotter than with hardwood. You can get nasty buildup of creosote
with the wrong burn with any wood. A slow burning woodstove is a potential
problem with resinous woods though.
Gladly. I presume you are going to deliver it? There is nothing but
softwoods available in this area except for the occasional hardwood
removed from residences. There is no problem burning it if you know
what you are doing.
So current treated lumber does still contain arsenic? I thought that had
been eliminated, otherwise I wouldn't have asked.
On 08/27/04 07:01 pm Jackson put fingers to keyboard and launched the
following message into cyberspace:
Not Copper Chromium Arsenic-CCA , I dont know what it is now. But do you
want to breath fumes of Chemicals Specificaly chemicals you dont know.
Do some research, get back and report. I just dont think it is wise
breathing what we should avoid, Chemicals.
All treated wood releases toxins that are potentialy poisonous when
burned, you just dont SMELL it. You wouldnt burn railroad ties or
varnished or painted wood in your house, you Smell its bad. But treated
you dont Smell. Burn it and be an experiment monkey for everyone.
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 04:51:41 -0500, firstname.lastname@example.org (m Ransley)
I burn any and all wood in my woodstove. I dont care if it is painted
or varnished, or whatever. I also burn all burnable garbage which
includes paper, cardboard, plastic, and whatever else. I even burned
my old computer keyboard, and it generated lots of heat. If you smell
it, your chinmey is clogged or not venting properly. Once the smoke
is outdoors, who cares what it smells like....
Note: I have not burned railroad ties, because they are too hard on
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:38:23 -0400, Minnie Bannister
It depends on the type of person you are...If you wear both
supsenders and belt, then you should put everything in the trash.
If you only occasionally enjoy a cigarette or a strong drink then burn
them at distance.
However, if you are not concerned about the consequences of such
things as asbestos, the hole in the ozone layer, or second-hand smoke,
then put the "offcuts" in the fireplace and enjoy the glow.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.