Buried Well Head

Hello Everyone :
Thanks for you input so far. To better explain what I'm thinking of doing, I drew a picture and attached it to this post. I'm not thinking of just burying it with dirt right up to the well pipe itself. I was going to create an enclosure. Better just too look at the picture to see what I mean !
Then let me know if you think it will work. I might have a well company come out to tell me what they think as well. Thanks !!
Shawn

Wrong reply: better to have offered the picture to people who email for it. The trouble with graphics in an all-text newsgroup is nowadays less the time they take to load than the risk that some clever dick will write an executable graphic tha plants a virus in the reader's PC. Keeping text NGs to text messages avoids this.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada)

I have done that with an underground utility box and cover. Kept it slightly above grade and poured concrete around it sloping up to the lip.
I have had no problems, but next time i will use a bigger box.

Still have the same problem, not insolvable tho. The enclosure is better than just burying it. You must ensure that there is no possible way for surface water to get into the well.
Harry K
It will be interesting to see how you handle the situation after the propane truck backs over it when the ground is soft. Happened here already with the wellhead ABOVE ground (just bent the top of the pipe slightly) - so I'm going to put a wishing well over the area and wish he'd stay off the grass with his truck in the future. For now it's a PVC pipe stuck in the ground about 6 feet high with a reflector on it.