Bum toilet seat

Page 2 of 3

You could replace the tank top with a wooden one, carved to the seat contour. There are vinyl trim moldings (for cars) that could affix to the tank below the top, that could be regarded as a decorative bumper. Or, you could rebuild the seat support so as to make the first ever toilet seat that flips up to the side...
whit3rd wrote:

A moment of creative genius, inspired by whit3rd's words...
Hinge it in the front! Flip it forward, towards you. Think about the benefits - no more drips on the floor 'cause you'll have to stick it through the hole to pee. Create hours of entertainment for all the boys in the family as they stand back 3 feet and pee through the hole. (Better than writing your name in the snow). Hours of hillarious laughter as you watch your wife struggle to get he butt in place...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net
On 4/28/2010 9:55 AM, dadiOH wrote:

Get a short roll of 3M 8672 from Aircraft Spruce and Specialty for 20 bucks. Comes black or clear. It's less than .01 inch thick and is designed to protect airplane parts from flying dust--it's very, very, very durable. Cut a little button of it and put it in the appropriate place--personally I'd use the black to make it an accent. It's thin enough that it won't interfere with operation, durable enough that you're not going to wear it out, and the rest of the roll is a handy thing to have around.
dadiOH wrote:

silicone doesn't go on absolutely smoothe, it can be shaved down with a razor blade. Or make a small stencil and just apply a couple of extra coats of clear finish on the spot that touches the tank.
Maple toilet seat? What luxury :o)

I'd go with a small dab of clear silicone on the tank, where the seat hits it. When cured, cut it off to a very minimal thickness and it'd never be noticed.
--
Nonny
Suppose you were an idiot.
Nonny wrote:

Why didn't I think of that? ;o) Great idea!

Drape some velvet over the tank lid?
..."doily - A small ornamental piece of lace or linen or paper used to protect a surface from scratches by hard objects such as vases or bowls; or to decorate a plate of food."

How about a tank cover? They seem to be out of fashion but they should be available somewhere.

marijauna leaf in it.
Apparently owning such an item was semi legal because the leaf could not be smoked.
Making them on the other hand...
Wrap the seat in duct tape?
More seriously, that's got to be a lot of lid banging to do that much damage. I'm thinking you need some hard plastic like what they use for making burger flippers.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

That wear is from people leaning back. You need a smaller lid... hopefully, you don't have a 1.6 gal tank.

At the Borg one can find toilet seats & lids with slow closing lids. IIRC, the seats also close slowly and can be up in pretty much any position a few degrees short of 90. Go play with them. If you find something that meets your needs, either buy the whole thing and substitute your seat or get hold of the manufacturer and ask if they will sell you just the hardware.

Too expensive, too complicated. The obvious, most elegant solution is to toss the lid.
Father Haskell wrote:

To a hardcore woodworker, that is like asking them to toss a child. He put a chunk of his soul in making the thing. Just sayin'
--
aem sends...

No, never. Give it a dignified end, by framing it and hanging it over the fireplace.
aemeijers wrote:

Yeah - sometimes. But sometimes not. Even the most hardcore woodworker knocks out some utilitarian stuff from time to time. No real heart and soul in the thing. One can over romaticize this stuff.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

How can one "over romanticize" a tiger maple toilet seat? The mere thought gives me palpitations :o) Seriously, that would be a tough project, made to last.

Well I do have to agree that it would be a project. Calling the wife out to the shop frequently to test fit. Running your hands over the smoothness of it - and then checking the tiger maple too.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

Even though my wife is quite petite she has never fallen in. No splinters either :)
--

dadiOH

Bolt on a neck and a set of pickups, make an electric guitar out of it.