bullet resistant sheet rock

If you really want a safe room build it from concrete block and pour the cells solid.

Reply to
gfretwell

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Naw, a 30-06 will go right through blocks. Better use two feet of sandbags with PSP or railroad ties to hold in place. The ceiling should be at least four feet of dirt on top of heavy timbers or tree trunks. Build it on the ground floor. Better set steel gridding out about two feet from the walls and ceiling to help defeat RPGs and morters. The door is always the weakest point so don't put one in. Use 20 feet of serpentine entryway instead. It'll be darned expensive but ya get what ya pay for and ya can't put a price on safety!

Reply to
Clark

actually every home should have a interior safe room, preferably at least one foot thick steeel reinforced concrete walls floor and cieling, with independent battery and generator power, water and food stocked for a month, and some very good air filters and waste disposal.

think bomb shelter. survivalists type set up.

good for civil unrest, panic, food shortage, nuclear accident, terrorist activities etc etc.

although the OP thought it funny, its really a serious need.

just imagine your drinking water supply suddenly quits after terrorists do something bad.

anyone really think the feds are up to the challenge?

the national guard has been gutted about half the equiptement and much of the troops in iraq. with Bush in command do you really think things will go well?

really?

Reply to
hallerb

Not if they are poured solid. A .50 would tho.

Reply to
gfretwell

He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword.

I suggest you quit getting into gun fights, quit watching so much f****ng TV, and try and get a life. That and quit being a troll.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Good point. Better make the walls three feet of sandbags not just two feet.

Reply to
Clark

Move to a country with more sensible gun laws. There are plenty from which to choose. Canada, UK and Australia spring to mind.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

As does Mexico, Jamica, and Haiti.

Reply to
HeyBub

Make guns illegal in your home. The government says this works.

Reply to
4564

I just don't understand why you cannot make a pointed cap from aluminum foil!!? Then you can handle alien bullets.

-- Oren

Oren

Good point!

Reply to
mm

That's a good idea. I'm going to put up a sign. Maybe put a box right next to the front door whenre they can leave their guns.

But some of my acquaintances are too young to read, and some never learned how, so I'm going to seriously consider the Kevlar sheet rock. Price is really not a concern when one's life is at stake.

I appreciate all the suggestions.

Reply to
mm

Why would I want to move to any of those countries all of which have a per capita violent crime rate far higher than in America?

Reply to
Dave Bugg

The gun box will need to be heavy, fortified, and mounted... like an ATM. You want something that might resemble a mail box array, with keys and locks.

The box will need a vertical door to hold rifles and shotguns. Then four individual drawer doors for pistols and ammo.

Leave keys in the doors, so the depositor has their own key while in the house.

You could put a steel door over the boxes; then open the main door, so the person with the key opens the box while you're present. You get some degree of gun control.

-- Oren

Oren

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in news:bOShi.20$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe03.lga:

which ALL still have shootings.

In Australia,ONE guy was making handguns in his home shop by the

100s,police estimate he already had sold 100s before they caught him. In Japan,one business of the Yakuza is gunrunning.In the UK,the IRA still has caches of guns not surrendered per their agreement,and their Yardies gang has machine guns.
Reply to
Jim Yanik

mm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

"kevlar sheet rock" is NOT going to stop bullets. kevlar depends on many layers and deformation to stop bullets;put it on a solid surface,and bullets go thru easier.But No soft body armor stops RIFLE bullets.For that,"trauma plates" are needed,ceramic/titanium rigid armor.

Now,one guy DID make a spaced composite armor from concrete and steel plates,welded a big box of it on a small bulldozer,and went amok with it,driving it thru several buildings,police could not shoot thru it.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Thank the draft dodger/sex offender/wiener for destroying the military before Bush got in office!

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Yup, only the criminals and terrorists and govt. has the guns. You are not allowed to protect yourself.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Almost everyone was in favor of saving the "peace dividend" when the Soviet Union disbanded.

But still, your complaint might have made sense in 2001, but Bush and the Rep. majority had 6 years since then to augment the military, and they haven't even started. Your song is the same, but the audience went home years ago.

In WWII, the government told the auto makers to make weapons, and they did, quickly. This time, the Bush administration doesn't want to interfere with corporations making money, so the soldiers in Iraq had to scrounge around and make their own humvee armor. Their parents have to buy them body armor. They've cut appropriations to Veterans' hospitals, which only the new Democrat majority has started to undo.

All this while Halliburton overcharges for what it provides and sometimes for things it doesn't provide at all.

I'm sure you'll have a fantasyland answer, so you can have the last word.

Reply to
ThePhatom

Easier to plug all your lights into a clapper. When the fight starts, shoot your gun twice and all the lights go out.

Reply to
Kitep