bullet resistant sheet rock

Page 2 of 4
mm wrote:

I bet the guy in Robocop who held the woman he and his friends had been molesting as a shield wished that the woman's skirt had been made of bulletproof fibers so that Robocop couldn't have fired right through the skirt into his grown.
On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 00:25:39 -0400, mm wrote:

bwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahah!

Kevlar is a little expensive.
I'd pick one spot in the home and create a barrier by filling the wall cavity between the sheet rock with whatever building material I could find cheap. That could be concrete, bricks, paving stones, sand, rocks.....
A really nice one would have a 4x6 inch bullet proof glass and right beneath a steel plate with a hole just big enough for your barrel.

If you really want a safe room build it from concrete block and pour the cells solid.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

Naw, a 30-06 will go right through blocks. Better use two feet of sandbags with PSP or railroad ties to hold in place. The ceiling should be at least four feet of dirt on top of heavy timbers or tree trunks. Build it on the ground floor. Better set steel gridding out about two feet from the walls and ceiling to help defeat RPGs and morters. The door is always the weakest point so don't put one in. Use 20 feet of serpentine entryway instead. It'll be darned expensive but ya get what ya pay for and ya can't put a price on safety!
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Thank the draft dodger/sex offender/wiener for destroying the military before Bush got in office!
On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 19:08:12 -0500, "Mike Dobony"

Almost everyone was in favor of saving the "peace dividend" when the Soviet Union disbanded.
But still, your complaint might have made sense in 2001, but Bush and the Rep. majority had 6 years since then to augment the military, and they haven't even started. Your song is the same, but the audience went home years ago.
In WWII, the government told the auto makers to make weapons, and they did, quickly. This time, the Bush administration doesn't want to interfere with corporations making money, so the soldiers in Iraq had to scrounge around and make their own humvee armor. Their parents have to buy them body armor. They've cut appropriations to Veterans' hospitals, which only the new Democrat majority has started to undo.
All this while Halliburton overcharges for what it provides and sometimes for things it doesn't provide at all.
I'm sure you'll have a fantasyland answer, so you can have the last word.

I love how despite the GOP being in control of Congress for 17 years (until 2006) and in control of the White House for seven and in control of the SCOTUS for a few years, GOP apologists still want to cry, "B-b-b-b-ut Clinton...!"
Kyle wrote:

Nobody said anything about Clinton. The reference was to Carter.

Besides the Dems still bring up the ghost of Reagan when in similar straights. At least our punching bag has only been out of office for <8 years as opposed to almost 20. Of course in both cases, it shows the intellectual bankruptcy of both sides that this passes for political discourse in this day and age.

Wow. I bet you're just a load of fun at dinner parties... :-D

Not if they are poured solid. A .50 would tho.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in wrote:

Good point. Better make the walls three feet of sandbags not just two feet.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword.
I suggest you quit getting into gun fights, quit watching so much fucking TV, and try and get a life. That and quit being a troll.
On 07/01/07 12:25 am mm wrote:

Move to a country with more sensible gun laws. There are plenty from which to choose. Canada, UK and Australia spring to mind.
Perce
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

As does Mexico, Jamica, and Haiti.
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

Why would I want to move to any of those countries all of which have a per capita violent crime rate far higher than in America?
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

which ALL still have shootings.
In Australia,ONE guy was making handguns in his home shop by the 100s,police estimate he already had sold 100s before they caught him. In Japan,one business of the Yakuza is gunrunning.In the UK,the IRA still has caches of guns not surrendered per their agreement,and their Yardies gang has machine guns.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Yup, only the criminals and terrorists and govt. has the guns. You are not allowed to protect yourself.