bullet hole in siding

Page 8 of 10

It isn't anywhere. It's just that you expect others to pay for yours.

Don't look in a mirror.

as if criminals don't visit nice neighborhoods..... Or that people can always afford to move to low crime areas. What NONSENSE you spout.
you demonstrate ignorance.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

kudos

That sure helped Sharon Tate.

the MAYOR of a Japanese city was shot and killed,and Japan has very strict gun control. Tell THEM about "sensible and reasonable" or "live in a safe neighborhood". Of course,their Yakuza makes a -business- of gun-running.
EVERY nation onthe planet has gun crime and people getting shot,killed or simply robbed at gunpoint by armed criminals.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

but not every nation on eath has miranda rights
http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?casec86252699535531764&q=miranda+v+arizona&hl=en&as_sdt 2

On which planet do you reside, Quark?
BWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA
Oren will vouch for me on this.
In Las Vegas, Howard Hughes bought huge tracts northwest of town, intending to make golf course retirement communities, high end properties, condos, shopping centers, all high end.
Which is exactly what he and Del Webb corporation did. People started moving in to these properties, thinking that they would be safe in these havens behind fences and guard shacks, but in some cases with the nice houses, but not the really high end stuff, they were just houses on the streets. 2 out of three people paid cash, indicating a upper clientele.
Soon, people would leave their garage door open during the day, thinking they're in this snitzy neighborhood way away from the real 'hoods. People would stop by like it was blue light special time at K Mart and pick the best stuff in the garage. Then there were the daylight burglaries when people were at work. The hot prowls with people sleeping. Then brutal home invasions with people viciously assaulted, tortured, and yes, murdered. The not so secure security gates where you just sit there and follow a car through, and you can be driving a moving van, and you go in and clean out a whole condo.
The people were howling to the City Council and County Commissioners saying that the reason they moved to Snitzy Heights was to get away from the crime, and lo and behold, it followed them. They looked like fools on television, doing their bwahaahaa bawling interviews about how the city and county needed to do their jobs and protect them, and ain't it awful. I guess they were like you, thinking that if you live in a nice neighborhood, and have money, the bad guys will magically stay away. John Dillinger was asked why he robbed banks. "It's where they keep the money," was his response.
If you think that neighborhoods and security measures can protect you, think again. Steve Wynn, one of the richest men in the world, with a compound second only to Fort Knox, had men come in and kidnap his daughter. Layer upon layer of security. Luckily it all worked out for the best.
There's no place on this planet, Quark, that is safe. Not even 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. I guess it's different on your planet.
Steve
On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 15:26:20 -0800, "Steve B"

I lived in Summerlin for 10 and finally moved after I "quit" working. Now I live in a single story home. Surrounded by other LEOs.

That quote was wrongfully attributed to Willie Sutton (Snopes), the 11th person on the FBI Most Wanted list.
[Willie]"Sutton was an accomplished bank robber. He usually carried a pistol or a Thompson submachine gun. "You can't rob a bank on charm and personality," he once observed. In an interview in the Reader's Digest published shortly before his death, Sutton was asked if the guns that he used in robberies were loaded. He responded that he never carried a loaded gun because somebody might get hurt. He stole from the rich and kept it, though public opinion later turned him into a perverse type of Robin Hood figure. He allegedly never robbed a bank when a woman screamed or a baby cried." (Wiki)

Particlularly when he has a gun...

NONSENSE,all of what you wrote. You expect elderly or small weak people to go hand-hand combat with bigger,stronger,or more numerous attackers? that might have weapons of their own,guns,knives,clubs.
these days,even good neighborhoods experience violent crimes.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Accidents happen. Sometimes with regrettable results. I, however, am willing to accept the unfortunate cost of these accidents as the price one must pay for access to a useful tool. The same attitude can be said of power tools, swimming pools, and other common items.

* "911 - Dial-A-Prayer" * "I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop" * "I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46" * "I carry a gun for exactly the same reasons a cop does: protection for himself and others"

When it happens to you it's time to ban swimming pools? ...or back decks (as happened to a former neighbor's kid)?
harry wrote:

Personal experience or anecdotal tales are poor reasons for oppressing others.
harry wrote:

Agreed. That's why politicians hold up some poor, named, soul as an exemplar to support or decry proposed legislation.
Still, the legal maxim "bad cases make bad law" is a fundamental truth.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

It's a federal law. No one under a domestic violence restraining order may possess a firearm or ammunition [18 USC 922(g)(8) ]
One of the problems is that a divorce petition and answer often include these boilerplate restraining orders.
The penalty for violation of this act is ten years in the Grey Bar Hotel and/or $250,000 fine.

Passing a law that banned driving would save even more!

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:27:59 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

You crack me up, laughing. I'm the owner of all my guns -- in "active possession". Locks and safes do not make a gun any safer.

Build more prisons -- but NIMBY ism won't help either.
I will agree that gun stores should have trigger locks on guns, just so no numbskull places a round in the chamber and goes all postal.
Since age nine and given guns and knives at age sixteen for my birthday, nobody has ever been harmed.
Heck I sleep with a gun and it has never harmed anyone!
On 11/6/2010 6:28 PM, Oren wrote:

Women are more fun, and keep you warmer in winter.
--
aem sends....

But women get hotter when they know there is a big caliber gun next to them. Makes 'em wanna kick the covers off, it gets so hot. The smell of gun oil (Men's Discount Cologne) has some interesting effects on them.

Come on harry. Dab some gun oil behind each ear, you'll have to fight the girls off. Try it.