Bulldog Pushmatic Circuit Breakers -Still available?

My next door neighbor has a 50 Amp Bulldog Pushmatic circuit breaker that has finally died. It looks like moisture may have been part of the process, but there is no dampness in the breaker box at the moment. Disregarding the moisture problem, is/are that style of breaker still available? I moved the stove circuit that was on the breaker to another 50A circuit that feeds a spare stove in the basement, so they are fine for over this weekend, but we need to get it replaced next week if possible. The local hardware store and Big Boxes only carry the newer style breakers. We have a couple of local wholesale electric equipment places I can try to call next week on Tuesday, but I am curious to know if I might have any luck when I do call.
TIA,
H. R. Hofmann

I believe Siemens owns the Pushmatic name now; not sure if they still make replacement breakers or not. If you buy a new Siemens panel it will probably use the ITE style breakers (universal)
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

What did your Google search indicate?

Lots of new and used on Ebay and from a couple of sources I never heard of. I was wondering if they might still be popular enough to be somewhat available at local electrical supply stores.
What did your phone calls to local electrical stores indicate?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

It was after noon on Saturday, this is Memorial day weekend and everything was closed, That's why I posted here, to see what I might find out next Tuesday and to prepare my neighbor for what might happen, he is well over 80 and not particularly happy about big $$ surprises. $50 - 100 dollars will not be good news, but not too bad either..

Have him focus on your free labor.
On May 24, 3:34am, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

You don't need anything after the item number in an eBay URL. The link you posted can be trimmed to: http://cgi.ebay.com/PUSHMATIC-ITE-Bulldog-2-Pole-BREAKER-50-Amp-P250_ W0QQitemZ260406539359
Which still broke, when posting.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Or http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item &0406539359 ......Paul
Now, that makes sense. Since the stores are closed for the weekend. Double 50, would that be for the electric range? It may be possible to swap it out with the double 30 (from the clothes dryer). He won't be able to run all the burners at the same time, but he will be able to cook on one or two burners. At least that will take some of the strain off.
Thank you for helping take care of elderly folks. Someday I'll be elderly, and I'll need people like you to take care of me. Wish more people would care for the elderly.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

*Yes PushMatic replacements are still available. They are made by Siemens. One of the electrical supply companies that I deal with has them on the shelf. You should probably contact one that is a Siemens distributor. You might try Home Depot since they sell Murray which is a Siemens brand. I think Lowes sells Siemens so they might have PushMatic also.

Yes they are still available at electrical supply houses, but as with all obsolete breakers, they're expensive. The last time I got a double 50 pushmatic, it cost $70. If you've got the time, you may want to try the internet or Ebay
pismotidy had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Bulldog-Pushmatic-Circuit-Breakers-Still-available-374623-.htm : I have a Bulldog Pushmatic panel in a 50 year old house, and the plastic casing on a 30 amp breaker broke, causing the button to always pop out. I found plenty of inexpensive ($15) replacements at 'SFO Reps' in San Carlos, California. Their website is http://www.sforeps.com .
For the sake of Google searches, I'm including the full details below: Bulldog Pushmatic Model: PI-14-3L Serial: 962326
jeff Burlingame, California

*Pushmatic replacement circuit breakers are now made by Siemens. Any electrical supply company that carries Siemens products should have them or be able to get them.