bull noses on stairs finishing

Hi all
I need help fast please. The installer of our laminate flooring is coming back to finish up his job. He installed laminate on our 13 steps and upstair floors. Question is when he put the laminate bull noses on he glued them and nailed them with a power gun. My question is did he do it right because we can see the nails above the nose a little bit. He glued and nailed the laminate pieces on the stairs. Also our thresholds you can see the nails popping a little. Are they not to be invisible? Actually maybe it is not the nails we see it is a little hole. What should we tell him? They are the kind of bullnoses that overlap the stairs a bit not flush ones. Please reply with info, we do not know if this was done right. Thanks in advance.
-- The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
"Ninip" wrote in message

Since no other company puts out an installation manual, I follow Pergo's. Laminate flooring is _never_ supposed to be nailed . On steps, the laminate is glued down. The nosing is also glued, with #6 finishing screws at least 1-1/8" long, the screws are counter sunk to hold in place until the adhesive dries (2" from each end, with a maximum 8" apart). A matching putty/filler is used to cover the holes. An expansion gap of 1/4" must be left between the nosing & _floating_ floor, I prefer to leave a gap on the glued down as well, incase of any swelling.
On the thresholds, he messed up. You don't nail these, there is a channel which is installed and the _T_ or _Reducing_ molding snaps into place.
Unfortunately we do not have a contract, when he priced the job out for us he seemed very thorough and knew what he was talking about. We got his name from the newspaper under floor installers. The thing is he hardly worked at our house, he usually had his helpers doing the work ( 2 different young men).

"Ninip" wrote in message

Ugh, no contract. A contract is a must, and there can never be too many details, details details details. Unfortunately you learned a very valueable lesson through your own experience.