Bulge in the side of the house?

There is one small crack that is at the bottom of the window inside the house (on the same side as the bulge). But there is not apparent water damage that can be seen from the inside of the house.

What kind of service person/company should I call? Any siding company in the phone book?

Thanks, Jodi

Reply to
Jodi

I wish I could say I thought it was safe to call it a siding issue, but especially with the crack you have in the window, I fear you may have a structural problem. I hope I am wrong.

Who to contact is a very good question. You don't know yet what it is. It may well be more than siding. A general contractor may be good, but I might suggest a certified home inspector. They will not fix the work, but they are trained to identify the problems. They can then make an informed suggestion about who should be contacted to do the work. At least that way you will have two opinions, one independent.

Another approach may be to call your insurance company. That might be the best idea at this time. They are likely to send someone out at their expense to evaluate the situation.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Ho! Did you ever figure out what it was?

Reply to
Homeowner