Bulb changer on a pole

Page 2 of 2

I heard same thing, but it was a co-ed coming out of the shower with only a towel.
Perhaps the Rabbi was a cut above the rest? Let me guess, he was trying to drive to the nude beach, but he was cut off?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I dumpster dove a twist loc telescoping pole with a ~2" suction cup.
Works fine on all sizes of "smooth faced" bulbs. I do canned lights on a 14' ceiling.
cheers Bob
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/5/2010 8:11 PM, DD_BobK wrote:

It also has a long string attached to it so that once the replaced light bulb is up, you can give a small tug on the string and all is well.
It did not come with a pole, but I just used an extension pole that is used to hang outside Christmas decorations.
I also use mine to replace canned lights on a high ceiling. It works great.
Good luck.
Kate
Add pictures here
✖
Now, that sounds totally practial. Thanks.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 4/6/2010 5:30 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Time to become a Catholic - we use candles. LOL
--
Dymphna
Message origin:

So here is a question for you on the light bulb issue...
How many of these light fixtures that are up really high do you have ???
I am assuming that they are in the main assembly/ worship space... Is the seating/pews/benches in that area movable or fixed in place ???
Spot re-lamping is going to drive you crazy, you may as well just figure on once a year changing all the lamps in that space (or waiting until several lamps are out) and renting a portable scaffold/staging with enough pieces to come within arms reach of the lights when you assemble it and change out all of the lamps at that time...
Doing this will allow you to get up close and personal with the ceiling and clean cobwebs out of the light fixture and any HVAC vents on the ceiling... Every few years you do this you could repaint the ceiling if it is sheetrock/plaster/painted wood OR refresh the suspended ceiling tiles if this is a drop ceiling...
You will find that if you plan and coordinate annual or multi-annual maintenance tasks you will see that if you rented a scaffolding/staging setup for a week or two once a year you will have more "little projects" that you could do with it that would have been so much more difficult and less safe to complete without it...
Every place I have ever worked maintenance at has always had a scissor platform lift which could get us to within arms reach of 90% of the ceilings inside the building... Such lifts are worth their weight in gold inside and outside on flat level paved areas where you need to reach up to do work within the limits of the lift...
~~ Evan
Add pictures here
✖
wrote in message
So here is a question for you on the light bulb issue...
How many of these light fixtures that are up really high do you have ???
CY: There are high bulbs in the chapel. At the moment, the bulbs in question are in an attic maintenance area, which houses the air handler. The access is via ladder, about 12 plus feet up. The bulbs are about 12 feet from the floor of the attic.
I am assuming that they are in the main assembly/ worship space... Is the seating/pews/benches in that area movable or fixed in place ???
CY: I've seen the pews moved, but not totally sure how to do that. One time someone drove a manlifter in. Put some plastic over the pews, and painted the ceiling. With any luck, he was a direct lineal descendant of Michelangelo.
Spot re-lamping is going to drive you crazy, you may as well just figure on once a year changing all the lamps in that space (or waiting until several lamps are out) and renting a portable scaffold/staging with enough pieces to come within arms reach of the lights when you assemble it and change out all of the lamps at that time...
CY: I hear yah. The attic area has four bulbs, and if I can get my act together, they are all four gonna be relamped.
Doing this will allow you to get up close and personal with the ceiling and clean cobwebs out of the light fixture and any HVAC vents on the ceiling... Every few years you do this you could repaint the ceiling if it is sheetrock/plaster/painted wood OR refresh the suspended ceiling tiles if this is a drop ceiling...
CY: I'm not sure what is the ceiling. But, you are totally correct. Get the various other work while you're up there. Paint the rain spots, blow out the cobwebs, and all that.
You will find that if you plan and coordinate annual or multi-annual maintenance tasks you will see that if you rented a scaffolding/staging setup for a week or two once a year you will have more "little projects" that you could do with it that would have been so much more difficult and less safe to complete without it...
CY: For sure, get the scaffolding out once a year, and be done with it.
Every place I have ever worked maintenance at has always had a scissor platform lift which could get us to within arms reach of 90% of the ceilings inside the building... Such lifts are worth their weight in gold inside and outside on flat level paved areas where you need to reach up to do work within the limits of the lift...
CY: They do have some kind of chargable electric scissor lift. They use it to relamp the fixtures in the gymnasium, and focuss the colored spot lamps. That kind of thing. When they relamped the gym, probably about 1/3 of the bulbs were out.
~~ Evan
Add pictures here
✖
Stormin Mormon wrote:

a good deal larger than the bulb, you "aim" the bulb at the socket and then push up so the friction on the top of the bulb does the work; i.e., the cup doesn't really grip the bulb closely.
After my hubby ended service as the condo building manager, it again took three condo board members to change a light bulb...one old guy standing on a second floor balcony railing, another holding him while he leaned out over the edge to reach the bulb, and a third doing the brain work. I'm not kidding. Wish I had the video :o)
Add pictures here
✖
This is something we have been working on in the past to develop. But it is on the back burner for now. Ours uses vacuum to attach to the bulb.
--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Did you consider, "Monkey on a stick"? It's a new product.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
Yeah, but I'd need a left handed monkey to remove, and right handed monkey to put the new bulb in.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus