built in vs free standing stoves and ovens

In my experience the more expensive homes always had built in ovens, sometimes with microwave (built into the cabinetry) and cook tops built into the countertops. Lower priced homes would more commonly have a drop-in stove and oven combo with exhaust hood/vent over it. Yet more and more I see most new construction at every price range, as well as remodels of higher price range homes where a drop-in stove and oven combo is used with a combo microwave\exhaust hood/vent over it.

Have times changed? I find it just out of place looking to see a $330,000 home with a drop in range/oven combo. Just seems like the wrong ambiance when you've spent $20,000 on all new counters and cabinets and tile to build or remodel the kitchen.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I don't know where you are looking, but here in NJ I have yet to see a new high end home or remodel with a drop in stove/oven combo and microwave/hood. These homes have DUAL ovens and real vent hoods. The phoney microwave hoods, everyone knows they are a joke.

Reply to
trader4

In this region, no home is so low end as $330,000, unless it is a cheap condo.

Reply to
EXT

Numbers like that are meaningless on a world-wide discussion group. Where I live, that kind of money won't buy a city lot on the wrong side of the tracks with a 500 sq. ft. teardown on it. You're talking mobile home or entry level condo for that.

Reply to
Smitty Two

Think the bottom line is, get what you're really going to use, and what you can afford. Many homes have fancy kitchens, and no one there knows how to cook.

Kinda like the old saying for the car buffs, if it doesn't go, chrome it!

Reply to
Kronos

I got a low end home $80k Anything over about $175k is higher end in Pittsburgh.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I also got 3/4 acre.