built in vacuum pipes

I need to lower a grey plastic pipe for my whole house vacuum. I kind of remember the installer telling me that it was just PVC with a grey color instead of white. Anyone know whether that is true for sure because it would obviously be easier to get the joints I need at Lowes if it is just plain old pvc. Thanks.
Art writes:

It is PVC, thinner and weaker than plumbing or conduit PVC. Dunno if the plumbing fittings interchange, but if so, they could only be stronger.
Art wrote:

It is indeed PVC, but not plain old PVC. Whole house vacuum pipes are not the same size as standard fittings (such as WDV or schedule 40). You will have to find a supplier that carries the specific fittings for vacuum pipe.
Here is one supplier;
http://builtinvacuum.com/install_shop/pipe-fittings.html
Search for central vacuum pipe or systems.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Art wrote:

HD will have those.

Its PVC but not same size as the standard stuff..You 'll have to go to a vacuum store to get the proper size

In CANADA, HD carries that stuff..In the USA..never saw it there