built in vacuum pipes

I need to lower a grey plastic pipe for my whole house vacuum. I kind of remember the installer telling me that it was just PVC with a grey color instead of white. Anyone know whether that is true for sure because it would obviously be easier to get the joints I need at Lowes if it is just plain old pvc. Thanks.

Reply to
Art

It is PVC, thinner and weaker than plumbing or conduit PVC. Dunno if the plumbing fittings interchange, but if so, they could only be stronger.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

It is indeed PVC, but not plain old PVC. Whole house vacuum pipes are not the same size as standard fittings (such as WDV or schedule 40). You will have to find a supplier that carries the specific fittings for vacuum pipe.

Here is one supplier;

Search for central vacuum pipe or systems.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Hi, HD will have those.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Its PVC but not same size as the standard stuff..You 'll have to go to a vacuum store to get the proper size

In CANADA, HD carries that stuff..In the USA..never saw it there

Reply to
Rudy