Built in vacuum does not shut offf???

My built in vacuum (Electrolux) quit shutting off. I thought it must be one of the outlets shorting out so I went down to the basement and disconnected them from the main line (low voltage) one at a time and it still ran. I went right back to the unit and unplugged the low voltage line and it still kept on running.
What could it be? I had to unplug the 120V from the wall to shut it off. I'm thinking it must be something to do with a sticking relay (if mechanical) or a dead relay if electronic. Just wondering if anyone knew where I might start troubleshooting.
TIA Gary
You're probably correct, just make sure it's not something simple like a switch on the vacuum itself

gary wrote:

Just replace the relay. It is likely mechanical.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
gary wrote:

I might add that some have a manual switch on the main unit. If that is on, then all you need do is turn it off.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Checked, no switch. Called Electrolux and was told the power card needed to be replaced. $90 CAD, $120 if I also wanted it installed.
I just pulled the card out 5min job. There is a relay soldered onto the card with 4 contacts - an easy solder job.
The relay is a Potter & Brumfield T9AS1D12-24 24VDC Form A. I'm guessing $20max if I can find one.
Where would be a good place to go for a beast like that? Probably not Rat Shack.
Thx Guys,
Gary

http://64.233.161.104/search?q che:53b7J3etC9QJ:www.partminer.com/pagedetail/5541/13+T9AS1D&hl=en
Got this hit on a search of t9as1d
Hehehe, but I have to buy 1000 of them.
I found it at Mouser and Digikey for around $3.00 but shipping makes it $30. Trying to find it locally.
Thx Gary

http://64.233.161.104/search?q che:53b7J3etC9QJ:www.partminer.com/pagedetail/5541/13+T9AS1D&hl=en