Built-in microwave oven temp sensor

My mom's Kenmore built-in microwave oven die recently.
My understanding is that the two common causes of microwave oven failure are a blown fuse and and a failed high-temperature sensor.
Didn't see a fuse in this one, though maybe there is one way in the back, would a built-in typically have a separate fuse or just rely on the house circuit breaker like most other appliances?
I removed the temperature sensor from the top of the oven. This is the high-temp safety switch, not the food temperature sensor. Am I correct to assume that if it is functional it will be normally closed?
As they say on the net, thanks in advance.
--

FF

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

Hi,
Model#? Kenmore is made by several different companies....
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html http://www.applianceaid.com/searscodes.html Some model# helps.

For the most part yes, not a sensor but there will be a couple of overheat thermostats and oftne is a flame switch as well as the fuse.
These might help... http://www.applianceaid.com/micro3.html http://www.applianceaid.com/nuker.html

certain that the waveguide covers are in tact...some microwaves have cardboard covers and they get removed/ damaged during cleaning which allows moisture into the waveguide ....well the the fuse blows...If you have plastic ones perhaps they are cracked?....just a thought....good luck , Ross
Funny this appeared just now. A few minutes ago, the microwave was cooking and apparently (don't really know) was programmed with way too large time. Anyway the food burned. I stopped the oven with no problem. Everything seemed ok, however, after about 5 minutes I heard a click and the display blanked out. Everything right now, is still hot. Do high temperature sensors self reset? This is a GE Profile built in.
snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

Hi,

Most do not :(
These might help... http://www.applianceaid.com/micro3.html http://www.applianceaid.com/nuker.html
Too answer my own post, I removed the microwave from its built in wood cabinet and attempted to remove the metal "jacket." They used Torx screws with a non-tamper post in the middle of the screw. I then drilled out a Torx bit, but had to heat it up to remove the temper. Once I had the tool, it was easy. There was an envelope inside with a schematic and a troubleshooting guide. I found an open sensor. They call it a "flame sensor," which senses the temperatue of the top metal ceiling of the oven. The document said it was a non-resettable sensor. Until the appliance parts place opens on Monday, there is now a piece of metal bypassing it. I know, we will NOT let it run unattended like today until the sensor is replaced.
Art Todesco wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

If repair efforts fail or are a big hassle be aware that prices have fallen drastically.
Lou