Building up a concrete step

The bottom concrete step at the front of my house is of a different size (cadence?) from the others. It drops about 2 inches more.
Old people, in particular, find this a bit awkward and surprising, so I'd like to even it out. Presumably I need to build up the bottom step with concrete. Can anyone suggest the best way to do this?
Yes, this leaves me with a smaller step at the bottom, but that's still better than a steep drop, which could really cause an accident.
Thanks.
o-------= Charles Martin =--o
snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com wrote:

If possible, jack up the concrete at teh bottom, either with mudjacking or by levering it up and packing sand under it. If you do this over a 3' length, the 2" drop will not be too significant.
Failing that, smash out the section and re do it. Again, a modest slope will work wonders.
Otherwise, get a topping mix and add to the concrete in front of the step and feather it down. Clean the existing base thoruoghly and use a bonding agent. It will look like hell, but it'll get the job done.
John
--
Remove the dead poet to e-mail, tho CC\'d posts are unwelcome.
Mean People Suck - It takes two deviations to get cool.

I doubt the sidewalk has dropped.
I think it more likely that the Earth has risen.