Building TV Wall Mount

Page 2 of 2

The only way I would make my own mount is for an idea I had to drop my LCD from the basement ceiling. I was thinking about a hinged mount which would swing down when I want to watch TV. Then I cam across this http://www.auton.com/products/ceiling-lifts/ but learned how pricy they are then went back to thinking of doing it myself. Though, in reality, there's no reason why I would need to flip it up.
As others have said, just purchase a mount as they are very cheap.