Building on a high water table

My wife and I are looking at buying a 5 acre lot in central florida and building a single family home. The lot is in flood zone AE, but the civil engineer told me that fairly normal since it's across the street from a lake. However, the environmental engineer told me it was on "placid fine sand" and we should not build there. However, there are homes to the left and right and a new subdivision right across the street. I don't understand how this lot could have a problem and not all the others. To my eye, it's at the same level as every other lot and doesn't have any obvious water or watery plants on it. It does have several oaks and florida pines.
Any thoughts? Should I not buy the land?
thanks
Tim Tryzbiak wrote:

They may have had problems and if not they may have problems in the future. Run away from any lot that has those kinds of issues. They will come back to bite you big time. If you don't believe this, call your insurance company now and ask them what they think and what the rates will be.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Buy it!
and when you get done with that, I have some swamp land in Florida that I could.......er.........uh.....
Nevermind......you already know that one......
No. Don't buy. Don't take the chance. Several wrongs don't make a right - better safe than sorry.