? building new home

We are having a home built and it should be ready in the fall.
To save money we are going to install some items ourselves. However, my husband wants to install a jacuzzi tub and I wanted to get advice on this idea. Is it better to let the builder do it? My concern is that the jets will be screwed up. The builder will charge $4K and my husband says he can do it for half that cost.
Usually its more like installing a bathtub but you have to frame it in and cement underneath. This is how I did mine. Not hard but not easy.
Not sure how you could screw up the jets.
--
--------------------------------------- Brian A. Dye snipped-for-privacy@tech-home.com http://tech-home.com ---------------------------------------
<DIV><FONT face="Bradley Hand ITC" size=4>We are having a home built and it should be ready in the fall.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Bradley Hand ITC" size=4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Bradley Hand ITC" size=4>To save money we are going to install some items ourselves.&nbsp; However, my husband wants to install a jacuzzi tub and I wanted to get advice on this idea.&nbsp; Is it better to let the builder do it?&nbsp; My concern is that the jets will be screwed up.&nbsp; The builder will charge $4K and my husband says he can do it for half that cost.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
We are having a home built and it should be ready in the fall.
To save money we are going to install some items ourselves. However, my husband wants to install a jacuzzi tub and I wanted to get advice on this idea. Is it better to let the builder do it? My concern is that the jets will be screwed up. The builder will charge $4K and my husband says he can do it for half that cost.
Step 1. Post in plain text that is readable. Those fancy fonts look like crap in a newsgroup.
Step 2
Talk to the builder and see what he is dong that costs $4000. It does ake a little more work for a special tub, electrical has to be run for the pums, posibly some different floor reinforcement.
I don't know your husband's abilities, but the jets are part of the tub, not the installation. I doubt he will screw t hem up.
Thanks.