building lamp

I want an 18-24 inch gooseneck clip/clamp-on lamp that will accommodate up to a 55watt compact fluorescent bulb. (task light for knitting as I posted in another thread 'daylight bulb')

Is this something a novice can do without making something dangerous? I don't want to screw it up and burn my house down from an electrical fire.

TIA, Bonnie in NJ

Reply to
Bonnie Jean

Why bother? Lamps close to what you want are available at hardware stores for about $10

John_B

Not in an 18-24 gooseneck. I need to clamp it on my nightstand and have it shine down from a bit behind me. Thanks for your response though.

Reply to
Bonnie Jean

OK, how about a floor lamp? I bought one from

John_B