Building into cathedral ceiling space?

We have a dining room / living room area that has cathedral ceilings that go all the way to the height of the roof of the 2nd floor. Has anyone ever heard of someone building into this space to gain additional square footage (rooms or room)? Anyone know of any before/after shots of such a project?
Looking for ideas here.
--
Purple Moose
Remove the dash to reply

Thanks. I found a few that look pretty good. No, I wasn't planing on making this a DIY job. :-)
-- Purple Moose

footage
I agree with TB.
I have been in two different homes, before and after it was done.
Assuming the headers are properly sized it is just a matter of adding floor joists, maybe building a wall and repairing all that was torn out for access. Not a DIY project unless you have a lot of experience.
Colbyt