Building Brush Fire next to LP Tank

Page 1 of 2
I had a huge brush pile in my yard. It was piled next to my 500gal. LP tank. I started it on fire earlier but my neighbor came running over with a fire extingusher and made out my fire. Then he used my hose to soak the pile. I am really angered because he has no right tampering with my yard. I almost called the police but I try to be on good terms with my neighbors even if they are all assholes.
Anyhow, he claimed that it's very dangerous to have a fire next to my LP tank. I told him he's crazy because the tank is steel and steel dont burn. He said he used to be a volunteer fireman when he was younger. Obviously he was a volunteer because he's too damn stupid to be a real fireman. Some people are idiots and this neighbor really takes the cake when it comes to idiots. The fire did burn some paint off one end of the tank but no big deal. Nothing a little white paint cant fix.
Now I got to wait several days till the wood drys before I can start the fire again. This time I'll wait till the neighbor is gone. But I think I'll pull the wood about 3 feet from the tank so it dont burn more paint. I dont feel like painting the whole tank.
Anyhow, I'd like to tell this neighbor off, but I want some scientific information why steel dont burn. Can anyone tell me where to get this proof?
Thanks Joe
Don't be silly; fire that mutha up!
(don't forget the marshmallows.)
On Thu, 10 May 2007 00:24:17 -0500, joe____ snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

joe____ snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
A pretty poor troll.
Score that a 2.5 out of 10.
On Thu, 10 May 2007 00:07:33 -0700, jJim McLaughlin

Or a 10 /10 on the Darwin Award.
Troll O Meter
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ___________________________________________________ | | | | | | | | | | | --------------------------------------------------- ^ |
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

OH COME ON. YOU HAVE TO BE THE DEPOSED MISTRESS OF THE EXILED FORMER KING....
IF YOU MUST KNOW I'M ACTUALLY 82 YEARS OLD, CHAIN SMOKE AND MY TITS HANG DOWN TO MY BELLY BUTTON
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

You should pour charcoal around the base of the tank and set it afire to show your neighbor that once and for all steel doesn't burn. Have the police stand by to keep your neighbor at a distance.
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
joe____ snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Just on the off hand chance that you are not trolling, No fires near LP tanks.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
On Thu, 10 May 2007 11:26:16 -0400, "Joseph Meehan"

I dont think I am trolling. What is trolling, is that some sort of fire department term or what? I just used matches to light the fire after pouring some gas on the pile.
OK, but why should I not make a fire near a LP tank? Steel dont burn, so what is the problem? Some people say eating candy is bad too, but there has to be a reason. Otherwise how does anyone know it's bad?

I don't see a thing in the world wrong with it. You should continue to do it at every opportunity. Just stay close and tend the fire so it doesn't get out of control.
Steve
joe____ snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
Once was very slightly funny.
Twice displays your ignorance and almost total lack of wit.
You are voted off the island.
Bye.
<PLONK>
joe____ snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
Worthless drivel snipped>

Sure, just ask Rosie O'Donnell, she's an expert on why "steel doesn't burn."
Then get back on your meds Joe, or someone here might be tempted to direct you to this site:
http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy /
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
joe____ snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Rosie O'Donnell says that steel won't melt with an ordinary fire. If it won't melt, it sure won't burn.
On Thu, 10 May 2007 00:24:17 -0500, wrote:
Check this fire ball from Las Vegas. Took out a propane business.
http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?SR19818 -- Oren

There are a lot of idiots in local news. And a lot in national news.
Every time a reporter or news reader says, Pres. Bush believes, or Joe Biden is angry, they show they don't understand how news is supposed to work.
They are vouching for the sincerity of the person's words or even his body language. No one knows what anyone else believes, and certainly not a politician.
The only thing they should say is "So-and-so said". If they get the quote right, that is a fact and not the reporter's personal opinion.

The worst one was last month. I don't recall if it was Time or Newsweek that had an issue on global warming. They had a list of things you could do to reduce greenhouse gases. One was to raise organic COTTON on sheep.
--Andy Asberry-- ------Texas-----