Building Basement Walls Questions - anchoring, materials, and floating walls?

Hello,

Three questions regarding basement walls:

1) What's the best way to anchor/attach the nailing base plate to the floor? I really don't want to use a power actuated hammer. I own a decent hammer drill.

2) The second question is which material is best to use for the nailing base plate? I have read various using various material such as regular spruce

2x4's , pressure treated, and cedar. To me cedar or pressure make the most sense, with cedar being the safer than pressure treated to have in the home.

3) I my area basement floors move, so floating walls are highly recommended. Where is the best place to have the floating joint at the top of the wall or the bottom of the wall? I am thinking of a suspended ceiling but may consider drywall.

I want to finish my basement right and I am willing to spend the time, and money to do it right.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions, Mike :)

Reply to
Michael