Building an Upside-Down House

I want my house to be different. I want an upside-down house.
Everyone puts light fixtures on the ceiling. I want to put mine on the floor. Is there any code about this?
I'm also going to put doors upside-down, and windows closer to the floor so they look upside-down too.
Putting the basement on TOP of the house should not be a problem.
I'm still fighting gravity trying to put the toilet, sinks, and bathtub on the ceiling. I got to find a way to keep the water in them, which might be tricky. I do like the idea of having the kitchen sink on the ceiling. It should be a lot easier to wash dishes while reaching up, than having to bend over. It's just the problem of keeping the water in the sink, and getting it to drain when I finish washing.
Putting the refrigerator and gas stove on the ceiling is not a problem, thanks to lag bolts. The only problem I see is how to fasten the pots and pans to the stove when I cook, and how to keep the food in them.
And finally, the bed....... I'll leave that to my wife, since she's the one who will get the most use of the mattress while I'm on top of her..... (or would that be UNDER her?).
On 5/12/2011 1:49 AM, snipped-for-privacy@flashback.com wrote:

It's easier to talk to people who have already done it and use what they have learned. ^_^
http://preview.tinyurl.com/yexkk5d
TDD

So there you go!! He is among nuts. Not the first one.
RonB

Floor-mounted lamps are called standard lamps, still fairly common in furniture stores.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
On Thu, 12 May 2011 01:49:22 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@flashback.com wrote:

No, it's easy. Steel-based sinks and bathtubs are very common. YOu just need a steel toilet and magnetic water.

Get a vacuum pump for the drain, like they use in spaceships. I think they are parting out Discovery now. (except for the parts toursists can see.)

Magnetism, son, magnetism.

You can get the same effect by simply hanging upside down. You'll get all those cool side effects like furniture on the ceiling, lights on the floor, and toilets flushing up.
I used to do it all the time when I was five! :)