Building a stucco over wood framing courtyard wall

I would like to build a courtyard wall using wood framing with a stucco finish. I live in California, and such walls are not uncommon, but I'm unable to find any books, articles, info, etc, that covers the construction of such a wall. I'm thinking that there might be recommended adjustments to make due to the weight of the stucco, like using 4x6 posts on 6ft centers instead of 4x4 on 8ft centers, etc.

Can anyone point me to some good sources of information?

Many Thanks...

Reply to
BruceG

Any reason that you don't want to stucco a block wall instead? Explain a bit more about what you're trying to do.

RicodJour

I don't know all the details, but it might be more appropriate for you to consider and acrylic stucco like Drivit or Sto over a wood frame. They have web pages that talk about their application.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

construction

Shaky town,,,,, Better call the building department. The ground moves in California. The building departments have all sorts of rules about construction.

Where I live 4x4's are not allowed any more. Posts for a patio cover are 4x6 with a 18 inch deep 3 foot square footing for each one. And the ground does not move here.

Reply to
SQLit