Building a small garage

I have a house with a driveway, but no garage. My driveway extends from the side of my house 9 feet. That is where my property line ends. Is it possible to build a small attached garage that would accomodate a single vehicle (currenty a Mazda Protege, but could be an SUV) in that space or do I have to consider other options? What would those options be?
Thanks in advance for your advice. Jeff
First, I'd think you have to check with your local bldg codes to see how close to your property line you can get. You might not be able to put a permanent structure near or on the property line without some kind of variance based on neighbor's waivers, etc., or not be allowed at all, period. There are "carports" you can build, which are nothing but pipe frames with a fabric roof. Don't cringe, some of them look pretty decent, actually, and do a fair job of protecting a vehicle. Codes are sometimes more accepting of those if a garage wouldn't fit because of offset requirements. A search on Google.com might get you a lot of good ideas. Carport, or even garage.
HTH, Pop
--
Let someone else do it
I'm retired!