Building a showerpan?

Can someone describe or link to a description of how to build a waterproof showerpan with the least difficulty and cost?
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 00:21:16 -0600, "Pat"

If you are making one from mud, get some shower pan membrane. It is gray or white (usually) plastic sheet about 30-40 mil thick. The shower drain used with this will seal around it and you pull the edges up into the wall several inches. Put this under the mud bed for your tile floor.
| On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 00:21:16 -0600, "Pat"
| | >Can someone describe or link to a description of how to build a waterproof | >showerpan with the least difficulty and cost? | > | Least difficult is to buy a plastic one preformed
We want ceramic tile on it, so this won't work.
| If you are making one from mud
What do you mean by "mud" - concrete? Won't that be too heavy with ceramic tile on top of it?
Is there any other way?
Pat wrote:

Showerpans are commonly made from a very dry mix of sand and cement for tiling. Yes, it's heavy, but that is the way it's done. See my other post to find more info.
Pat wrote:

http://www.ontariotile.com/preslope.html
Google "mud set shower pan"

Hire a pro and watch him....First you need to be sure the floor will hold it...NOT a DIY project to start out with IMHO...HTH...

I built ours by constructing a sloped mud bed, then using "Kerdi" waterproofing membrane and the associated drain. It's not necessarily the least expensive, but it's a great system.
You can find lots of advice, information, and examples on the John Bridge tiling forum. Here's a link on that forum to my tiling project:
http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t 876
My mud bed shower pan starts around page 3 of that thread.
Good luck,
Anthony

I bought this e-book from Tim Carter a few years ago when I built my shower pan. Best $15 I ever spent. The project went real smooth.
http://www.askthebuilder.com/EB004_Shower_Pan_Cement_Mud_Floor_EBook.sht ml
or
http://tinyurl.com/yfbbwzp
-Frank