Building a party room

I want to build a party room. I already got a room in the basement that is not used so that will be the room. But what I want to do is make the room air tight. Then I want to find a way to remove all the air in the room so I can fill it with helium. The goal is to make the room filled with helium so when we have parties everyone will talk like donald duck from the helium. I know getting the helium in the room is no problem since I can open several tanks inside the room to fill it, sfter everyone is in there. But what is the best way to make it airtight and remove the regular air so that it's 100% helium? Would a high power shop vac remove enough air?

Ned

Reply to
nedpaul56

A shop vac won't work, you'll need a high power laboratory vacuum pump. I would suggest that you stay inside the room as it is being pupped down so you can check for leaks. Have a roll of duct tape handy for sealing any leaks you may find.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I thought the Darwin award competition was already held this year?

Reply to
George

I hope you're a troll. If not, your "party" room will kill everyone inside. Don't invite me.

Reply to
Bert Byfield

The helium will push the regular air out of the room.

Just put a dye made from a mixture of 50% chlorine laundry bleach, and

50% ammonia floor cleaner in the helium. It will shine bright under a blacklight. When the shining cloud reaches the vent, close the vent.
Reply to
mkirsch1

What, no mirrored disco ball?

Reply to
RickH

Why build one? Just buy a six-pack and take your sister to the motel and parteeeeeeeee

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski