Building a party room

I want to build a party room. I already got a room in the basement that is not used so that will be the room. But what I want to do is make the room air tight. Then I want to find a way to remove all the air in the room so I can fill it with helium. The goal is to make the room filled with helium so when we have parties everyone will talk like donald duck from the helium. I know getting the helium in the room is no problem since I can open several tanks inside the room to fill it, sfter everyone is in there. But what is the best way to make it airtight and remove the regular air so that it's 100% helium? Would a high power shop vac remove enough air?
Ned
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@yourspace.com wrote:

A shop vac won't work, you'll need a high power laboratory vacuum pump. I would suggest that you stay inside the room as it is being pupped down so you can check for leaks. Have a roll of duct tape handy for sealing any leaks you may find.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@yourspace.com wrote:

I thought the Darwin award competition was already held this year?
Add pictures here
✖

I hope you're a troll. If not, your "party" room will kill everyone inside. Don't invite me.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 27, 6:18 am, snipped-for-privacy@yourspace.com wrote:

The helium will push the regular air out of the room.
Just put a dye made from a mixture of 50% chlorine laundry bleach, and 50% ammonia floor cleaner in the helium. It will shine bright under a blacklight. When the shining cloud reaches the vent, close the vent.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 27, 5:18 am, snipped-for-privacy@yourspace.com wrote:

What, no mirrored disco ball?
Add pictures here
✖

Why build one? Just buy a six-pack and take your sister to the motel and parteeeeeeeee
Add pictures here
✖