Building a partition wall question

Looking for some advice on what's best to do ...
I'm building a partition wall in a large room upstairs that is currently open to the stairwell (a "game room") - the wall is 14 ft wide, 10ft high in the middle for 8 ft and falls to 6 ft for a 3 ft width at either end.
No problem getting the carpet up, installed the sole plate along a floor joist, attached the sides of the partition wall to the exisitng wall but the header at the top of the wall is between rafters.
The ceiling is vaulted - ~8 ft in the middle is 10 ft high and that drops for ~3 ft either side to 8 ft. I've installed 2x4"'s in the attic between the rafters for the 10 ft high part every 2' or so but there's really not a lot I can get access to (easily) to attach the parts of the header that will be on the vaults.
Can I rely on it attaching at the top of the wall and the end of the header at the 10 ft height? Should I use some "no-nail" adhesive and a few toggle bolts and secure it to the drywall and the top of the wall and the header?
Or is it simply time ot call in the city inspector and have him tell me what is permissable?
All help appreaciated. In Texas, USA.
Regards, PK
PK wrote:

I would nail into your blocking where you can. then i think using construction adhesive attaching the plates to the dywall would be fine. of course, avoid splices in the plates where you do not have nailing.