Building a fence - Nailer?

Page 2 of 2

You can get pre made panels built as you described.. My neighbors put them up and so far they have lasted 24 years with zero maintenance. No staining, painting, cleaning or anything. Admittedly they could be in a lot better shape but I figure for the lack of care the fence has had it has held up well. Some of the boards had bad knots and have broken some of the boards have curled but even after 24 years I dont think it would take more than a day or two to clean stain and repair the 200 ft fence. I dont know what the current price is but when they were first built I noticed that you couldnt buy the wood for the cost of the panels. Just something to consider.
Jimmie
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 11 May 2011 07:39:42 -0700 (PDT), Limp Arbor

Is your neighbor all right with your fence? Even if you have a legal right, I'd try to keep him happy. You know him better than I do**, but now might end up being the time to take credit for cutting odwn those trees of his. (Assuming he was all right with thataaa. Otherwise you can tell him that beavers did it.)
You should probably show him the property markers, in case years from now they've gotten buried somehow. Maybe get some acknowledgement from him that the fence is in the right place, in case he sells the place, but I don't know how to do complicated thigns like that.
I heard from a surveyor that the property markers are ends of bar, something like rebar, hammered was it 2 or 4 feet into the ground, and they do or used to have a plastic cap with surveyor's id on it or in it. Is that right?
I live in a townhouse and maybe there are none between me and my neighbors, but I also live on the corner of it, so maybe there should be one delimiting the entire parcel, but with a cheap metal detector, that found other things, I coudlnt' find it. Although maybe the parcel extends beyond the land we use for yards and common area into a wild area we don't use.

Add pictures here
✖
On May 11, 7:23 pm, FatterDumber& Happier Moe

I hope you meant to say deck screws. Drywall screws have a very short life span in pressure treated wood. As little as months. Even the older deck screws do poorly with the newer PT chemicals.
RonB
Add pictures here
✖