Builder did not leave enough room for standard fridge

Page 4 of 4
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:34:14 -0400, Mike Ruskai

Wouldn't she loose counter space at the sink with the fridge there (if the sink is on that side of the kitchen)??
Also, seems like the living room is directly adjacent/behind and one would hear the fridge running vs placed on the far wall ...

-- Oren
Oren wrote:

"Ya' gotsta' pick your pize-un" grandpa was found of saying... :(
From the picture it seems to be a funny kitchen arrangement no matter what. Better imo to have less counter space but functional than non-functional drawers/cabinets and that big hole in the corner of the original imo. It looks like it might be more convenient from the layout there as well, or at least no less. The door opening in the middle layout isn't real conducive for traffic around it.
Noise is a possible downside, certainly, but fridges don't run continuously and at least some aren't terribly noisy...
OP will have to pick and choose options vs outlay, but Oren's plan looks at least superficially like a sizable improvement to me...
Almost anything would be given the original, though...I agree there it seems to be an absurd design if the picture OP posted was what really was intended.

My thought of NOT moving the fridge is that it would interfere with the portion of the cabinet, most likely intended for a breakfast bar (angled in pic - where the step stool sits now will have a couple of "bar stools") Under this cabinet front will be the (my guess) DW.
I like plenty counter space around the sink and stove - on both sides.

Mike Ruska plan :)
I like the thought:)

This kitchen reminds me of our area for a median priced home.
-- Oren
Oren wrote: