Buffer for cleaning showers?

I have a hand-held buffer that my wife fancies. She would like to use it to clean very dirty shower/bath tiles. I think my buffer is not powerful enough for what she needs and may turn a bit too slow.

At any rate, I'm looking for suggestings for something she can use. We once used a grinder with a buffing pad and some Barkeeper's Friend to clean a very scummy shower (walls and bottom) in less than an hour. It would have taken several hours by hand.

Something held-held and wireless would be best. Suggestions?

Reply to
TC

Whatever, but after you get your shower clean, start using the shower sprays - just a spritz after each shower. Makes a big difference. Frank

Reply to
Frank

These are rental units. :(

Reply to
TC

the soap scum removers work GREAT, the mold mildew ones are basically bleach.

I start with soap scum remover and a scotchbrite pad, followed by bleach.

I see no reason for power equiptement, its tough on grout, and probably roughens the tile making future cleaning harder

Reply to
hallerb

"Berkshire Bill" wrote

While we're on the subject of cleaning and shining, does anyone know of a way to put a high shine back on Formica countertops? The latest auto spray wax I tried didn't work.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

You mean something like Dow? Scrubbing Bubbles? I think so.

That's what I use and it does work fine. Let it sit for a bit, maybe while spraying the rest. This is the only time I use my bathroom fan.

If you let it sit too long, it dries, but even then the dirt is freed up. One just needs a little more water on the sponge or whatever to get the dirt moving when it is dry.

I've used this on a metal/enamel tub, and the plastic? tiles that surround it.

Reply to
mm

Abrasives will leave scratches on most materials which will result in harder-to-clean surfaces. Use a tub-and-tile cleaner spray cleaner, CLR, or Lime-Away. Or, you can wet paper towels using vinegar in a spray bottle--allow the wet towels to remain on the surface for several hours. Use a nylon brush, never anything that can scratch. Same is true for toilets, sinks, or other fixtures. You can keep showers looking clean between cleanings (and make the cleanings easier) by using a daily shower cleaner spray after the last shower of the day. Or, dry/buff all surfaces with a towel--a 1 minute daily task.

Reply to
Phisherman

The tile on floor of our shower seems to have lost some glaze, if that is possible; 'bout 40 y/o. Dirt sticks. If the tile is loaded with soap scum, start with a new razor blade scraper...mine is worst on tiles below the soap dish in the wall. It is easier to feel it than to see it on our tile. CLR is great for lime deposits and scum; use brush with stiff bristles. Rinse and finish up with bleach and water brushed on and rinse for mildew on grout. If you have grout loaded with mildew, it might need repair. I tried a new spray cleaner that works very well .. forget the name of it, it's in the master bath and hubby still sleeping. Will check later :o)

Reply to
Norminn

Try a wet sponge with dawn soap. I use it on my granite & get a high shine!

Reply to
Janet

By dawn soap do you mean the dishwashing liquid?

Reply to
micky

Give the original powdered Bar Keepers Friend a shot.

Reply to
Lynda Cob