Buderus or Crown Boilers

Page 2 of 2

Isnt that condensing Buderus using all standard parts like Honywell parts? The exchanger is where the issue of life would be.
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 4, 7:02 am, "Stormin Mormon"

I know of 10 pigs that whistle dixie, Buderus, Viesmann and Peerless are 3 of them
Add pictures here
✖
ransley wrote:

Oil doesn't burn clean enough to do that with an oil burner. A few companies made them but they were a dismal failure in practice.
Add pictures here
✖

AsI understand the spec sheet efficency the Buderus 125BE the 93% is for under 131f. what is used for radiant tube. I wonder how much they loose at higher temps, I bet maybe 5%.You probably cant do with 131f all winter or maybe at all. If what you have now has more than 10 gallons of water in it your present efficency rating is optimistic, it may have alot more water like 20 -30 gallons.
Here is an Idea I am going to do, Polyisocyanurate foam board 1" is R 7.2, with a dual radiant foil barrier. Sincemy radiators are mostly on cold uninsulated exterior walls I am going to glue and screw a piece of painted foamboard againt walls behind radiators. I know a large percentage of a radiators heat is radiant, so the foil facing should greatly help make it well above R 7.2 , but if you try it the edges of the board must be caulked tight under the boards or condensation and mold will grow behind the foam, I know it happened to me. It should easily gain a few % by not heating a cold uninsulated exterior wall, but instead reflecting that heat inside.
Add pictures here
✖