Bryant furnace not working after changing filter yesterday -- help!

Hey, everyone,
I didn't realize that you should cut the power to the furnace before changing the filter. Now the heat doesn't work. I can turn on the fan manually at the furnace, but not from the thermostat.
I've tried just about everything, it seems, except calling a repair service. Is there something simple I'm missing?
What I've tried:     resetting gas regulator, per instructions, including cycling the power to the furnace     making sure covers are seated properly     pressing the reset button on the flow valve inside     changing batteries in the thermostat
Thanks, Mike
is the pilot light lit??
Good thing you didn't post in alt.hvac -- they would have belittled you for not having a pro come out to change that filter for you!
-Tim