Bryant furance inducer problem

Hi guys

I have a bryant 350mav036060 ser # 1997AO1197

We bought the house about 6 mths ago, this winter the furnace stared getting noisy. I looked at it and noticed the inducer motor had a vibration to it and the air filter was inside the unit and a pain to get at, and didnt even cover the hole it laid up against. So we called a repairman and he said he would workup a cost to move the air filter into the duct work. he also said they had problems with the inducer wheels warping. have not heard back from the repair man so the other night I thought I would look at this myself. Pulled the inducer off and saw a plastic wheel didnt see anything wrong so put it back togeather. Did a little searching into finding out if there was a problem or not with theses wheels. 24 hours later noheat, flashing a code 13 I find that when I reset the furnace (turn off power supply and turn back on) and the thermostat calls for heat, the pressure switch on the outside of the inducer is not working. I can see the plunger that sucks in, is not moving, then in the process of playing with it, it pulls in and the furance works. Next morning same thing no heat I look and plunger isnt going in, so I tap the switch a little and it works.

vent is 2" seems to be open with no sags or dips. not sure if 2" is big enough I can hear what sound like water in the inducer but when I took it apart no water ran out. (was wet) have not check hoses to switch for blockage pulled drain tube off inducer and no water came out

I would like to check this switch and see it its seeing the correct pressure on it, but not sure what it should be or how to properly check it.

thanks for any tips or advice

Thank you

Knick

Reply to
Knick

'vent is 2" seems to be open with no sags or dips. not sure if 2" is big enough'

Your flue pipe (vent) is bigger than 2 " ; measure it and ill bet its

3" or larger.

'I can hear what sound like water in the inducer but when I took it apart no water ran out. (was wet) have not check hoses to switch for blockage pulled drain tube off inducer and no water came out'

The bearings on the inducer motor might be worn and making a noise which sounds like water swishing around ; these inducer motors see alot of heat...especially on 80% gas furnaces.

'I would like to check this switch and see it its seeing the correct pressure on it, but not sure what it should be or how to properly check it.'

Youll need a Magnehilic Gauge or a Manometer -- these things arent readily available to the general public ; HVAC tradesmen have them on the truck for diagnosing. The PRessure switch may not have the pressure rating stamped on it...in which case, the parts page might otherwise....the Serviceman would have to call the Bryant Wholesaler to find it out. Armed with this info, the Serviceman would use his instrument to see how much vaccuum the Inducer fan is pulling which would determine if the switch is ok , defective, or..if the Inducer is not developing enough vaccuum for some reason. I think youve gone as far as you can without calling for Service. Good luck.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Or the serviceman would have enough sense how to fix the problem quickly and correctly unlike you Davey the hack. You'd be screwing with this problem for days and still not figure it out. You are a discrace Davey Hack Boy. You couldnt fix a wet dream. Met with any little boys lately, Davey? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Hows that again dave, you say your corvette goes Rumpity rump, rumpity rump, Rumpity rump.

Reply to
m Ransley

Hack alert!!! Dave's running off at the mouth, but his brain's in neutral and his clutch is slipping

Reply to
U will be assimilated

No its 2" pvc says right on it

I can spin the motor and bearings feel fine

pressure

Thanks I think my next step will be: remove the inlet vent off the furnace and try reseting it and if no help try the outlet, that will atleast tell me if there is a problem with venting.

Thanks for you help

Reply to
Knick

Thanks for your time :)