Bruce Flooring??

Dunno, but 3/8" sounds kinda skimpy. Try

We ended up with the 6' medium-carbonized Bamboo (5/8"). We're not quite done with it (small peices and screws to plug), but it is very nice (though *hard*).

Reply to
keith

I am considering a Bruce 3/8" wood enginnered floor, "red oak toast". Any comments on this brand?

Thanks

Reply to
Jim M

Our house already had Bruce 3/8" oak flooring when we moved in 7 years ago. Don't know when it was installed but it was showing wear back then. It's even worse now because a lot of the coating has worn off. But then, things have changed a lot, hopeful for the better, in the past 10 years. At our old house we had installed Mannington and it was holding up great after 3 years when we moved.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Combs

Other brands are better. Visit a store that carries flooring, not Home Depot or Lowes, and see what is available. I have Mannington for a couple of years now and like it very much.

Edwin Pawlowski

Our solid oak Bruce prefinished floor is 8 years old and for the most part the gloss is still like new. I think it had their superhard finish.

Reply to
Art

I have some Bruce Natural Reflections hardwood floors. it is not plywood but 5/16" sold wood strips. Seems to be holding up really nice. We have only had it a year though.

Reply to
User Example

Had Bruce 3/8" engineered planking installed 10 years ago. Looks like new. No kids or pets, though.

Reply to
Walter R.

Have it for four years, heavy traffic and a large house dog. Only wear is in front of a window that the dog camps and then goes beserk when another dog, fedex truck or any other trigger comes by. We put a throw rug in the spot to compensate.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Then YOU, have to pour concrete.

AMUN