Brother all in one says out of ink but there is ink printer scanner copier fax say

The manual says it cleans the heads periodically even when it's off.

Would have to unplug it. Their idea is that someone doesn't have to remember to print something every two months. He can go for a year without printing anything and the heads won't be clogged, though the cartridges may be empty!

Reply to
micky

Yes, a lot of them do. About once a day, I think, for many makes/models.

Well, that therefore only postpones the clogging - if it empties the cartridges with its cleaning, then after they are empty, the clogging will still occur!

(And by "something" we mean something including solid blocks of each colour ink, not just some text, of course.)

Reply to
J. P. Gilliver (John)